PDA

View Full Version : IKON PowerPro Plus 2.0 update (Creo IC-304 Plus)

Custom Search

pol
06-14-2010, 03:14 PM
We acquired a bizhub c6500 used and Rip is an OEM version of Creo IC-304 Plus (IKON PowerPro Plus 2.0)
I checked the website of Creo that the latest version is 2.1. You can do that update the IKON PowerPro Plus version 2.0?
If so, could someone indicate where I can download this update?

Stirton.M
06-15-2010, 04:50 AM
You will have to contact KM for a service tech to provide you the software. Though truth be told, Ikon may have proprietary CMOS on the controller, making it possible that a KM system update may not work at all.

Downloading it outside of such a source may be next to impossible. I cannot provide you a copy, I am bound by a non-disclosure agreement for such things. Others might not care. But your best bet would be to have a service tech from Ikon (do they even exist anymore???) provide you with the install disks.

pol
06-17-2010, 02:55 AM
thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the KM does not work here in Brazil with Creo, EFI only (trade agreement).
This equipment has been purchased from a company used multi-brand printers and unfortunately they are not getting this update.

Stirton.M
06-17-2010, 05:14 AM
Hmmmm....you may have to contact KM Japan directly for help on this. Or perhaps Creo themselves.

The latter I would assume it would be no problem, aside from cost of the software package and shipping costs. Like Fiery, Creo is proprietary and requires specific hardware on the computer to work, specifically the controller interface card, and as I mentioned before, likely a BIOS link as well.

Avalon
06-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I can find no info at all regarding a v2.1 for the Ikon Creo PowerPro Plus. I am installing one next week on a CPP660 (badged KM 6501) so will post back next week.

Stirton.M
06-17-2010, 11:21 PM
You might be able to get some kind of support from Ricoh, that company bought Ikon. Perhaps the boys in the Ricoh forum might be of value in this regard for information.

Custom Search