PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C550

Custom Search

Ron808
05-20-2007, 12:10 AM
When making color copies with thick paper (regardless of thick settings) there are lines across the image (graphics especially) lead to trail. It is as if lines cut through the image. It seems as if the fins on the paper guides are cutting through the image. It is more prominent if the image is viewed at an angle. Has anyone seen this?:confused:

Gary Harmon
05-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Scott_Lewis
05-21-2007, 06:41 AM
We have a BH C550 in the shop being prepped for delivery and getting a little 'face time' with it. One thing that I have heard is that the copy quality is not the greatest. It certainly isn't CF900 (true graphics quality and may it rest in peace) nor even up to the level of the CF3102.

That being said what I heard is that there is a rather lengthy calibration process where the print quality can be greatly improved. I haven't done it nor have I actually seen the procedure. Just been too busy to spend any time with the darn thing.

CMB
05-21-2007, 11:31 AM
you heard wrong. i just got back from c-550 school in atlanta. it s a mid volume copier made to replace the c-450 and c-350. everyone in class says the color is as good as any of the other c-250 thru c-450 copiers. we pulled one out of the box and set it up ready to go in about 30 minutes. how much faster do you want?

i like the new induction fuser. warm up time from a cold start-less than 30 seconds.

they've made several improvements on this box as for shortcuts and such to make set ups and adjustments faster. we had no issues on set ups and adjustments in school. quite fast and easy...

mitchl
05-22-2007, 06:50 PM
you heard wrong. i just got back from c-550 school in atlanta. it s a mid volume copier made to replace the c-450 and c-350. everyone in class says the color is as good as any of the other c-250 thru c-450 copiers. we pulled one out of the box and set it up ready to go in about 30 minutes. how much faster do you want?

i like the new induction fuser. warm up time from a cold start-less than 30 seconds.

they've made several improvements on this box as for shortcuts and such to make set ups and adjustments faster. we had no issues on set ups and adjustments in school. quite fast and easy...

Ive heard good things about these machines also, I know a person in the northeast who is a liaison between KM Japan and KM USA. This is the guy who creates the patches for the controllers and is also involved in creating new firmware to correct problems in both the color and mono boxes. He just got back a few weeks ago from Japan where he got his formal factory training on this new series of machines code named Mosel. he had a lot of good things to say about the new security features and many of the updated electromechanical upgrades. They will introduce shortly a 452 and a 650 model all using the same supplies other than the toner cartridge being different on the 650. There are some new networking features, IPsec, S/MIME email, e-shredding for the HD and it will be Vista ready in the fall with new firmware and X64 ready now. You can view thumbnails of stored jobs and it even has Bio authentication........Pretty cool stuff, he's reporting no major mechanical or jamming problems and CQ about the same as the rest of the laser based boxes...... good luck with them, I cant wait to get my hands on one.:)

DarthAlbin
07-16-2008, 03:15 AM
When making color copies with thick paper (regardless of thick settings) there are lines across the image (graphics especially) lead to trail. It is as if lines cut through the image. It seems as if the fins on the paper guides are cutting through the image. It is more prominent if the image is viewed at an angle. Has anyone seen this?:confused:

I have seen a C550 leave "impressions" and general "less than perfect" quality when making prints/copies on thick stock. I found no root cause other than the nature of the stock itself.

this may be an example of why KMBT inserted the comment in the field service manual that image quality on thick 3/4 is not supported.

redime
07-19-2008, 09:58 PM
How old are the image units? lines typically point to that...

DarthAlbin
07-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Custom Search