PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 601 Copy Firmware from CF to Other CF

Custom Search

Wasfil
06-29-2010, 08:22 AM
How to copy firmware from Compact Flash Bizhub 601 to other CF? because i have aproblem with 601, appears sand clock, and can't upgrade with normal prochedure (Using Flashdisk).

Thanks guys,

TheOwl
07-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Check through out the forum as there quite a few posts about this problem.

One of the big problems with this model is that you can get a short in the tray 3 and 4 wiring looms. To make sure this isn't your issue, check out ICP11 - 14 to see if they are open or closed circuit. If they are open, then you have a short in one of the trays.

If that is the case, then look through previous threads to find the fix that I have posted.

YouthAttack
08-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Check through out the forum as there quite a few posts about this problem.

One of the big problems with this model is that you can get a short in the tray 3 and 4 wiring looms. To make sure this isn't your issue, check out ICP11 - 14 to see if they are open or closed circuit. If they are open, then you have a short in one of the trays.

If that is the case, then look through previous threads to find the fix that I have posted.

i currently have the problem you mentioned except i was having problems with tray 4. i swapped tray 3 to 4 and now the machine is frozen at the space theme which is after the hour glass. i tried looking everywhere on this forum for the fix but i wasnt able to find anything. can you tell me what the solution is?

remati
08-12-2010, 08:29 PM
For copy CF ..you must delete de old files on the old card ----DON`T FORMAT IT ----if you format the old card you will KILL the card for this operation.....

After delete the card, do the copy/paste from the one to other....if doesn´t work yet ...well ,I think you will need to ask for a new card to Konica minolta...

jackson007
08-13-2010, 05:52 AM
cf to cf copy ok.u have to rewrite nvram not firmware

TheOwl
08-13-2010, 06:01 AM
May I ask how you re-rite the NVRAM?

I didn't think that the NVRAM could be written to normally without the machine doing the work or reprogramming the chip manually.

peter
08-13-2010, 10:22 AM
There is a Disk tool program to write B601/751 cards back to factory state available from KM
Regards

How to copy firmware from Compact Flash Bizhub 601 to other CF? because i have aproblem with 601, appears sand clock, and can't upgrade with normal prochedure (Using Flashdisk).

Thanks guys,

TheOwl
08-17-2010, 12:08 AM
That is the CF card, not the NVRAM. I have both the disk tools from Konica Minolta, but nothing to rewrite the NVRAM.

peter
08-18-2010, 05:30 PM
I have had plenty B601/751 s hanging on hour glass , rewriting CF card with disktool always fixes the problem, Never had problems with NVRAM and i doubt there is any proceedure to reset the NVRAM

Eugene74
06-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Hi all,

I have had a problem similar to what you describe. I did write the software onto the CF card with the disk tool, but when I installed the card back into the machine, the machine rebooted every time. The hour glass comes up, displays for about a second and then the screen goes blank, and the process repeats the whole time. Is it normal because this happend for about a minute and I have switched the machine off ad removed the card to try and rewrite it again.

I can't find any documentation on what must happen if your wrote the software to factory default.

What I also saw was that on a operational CF card there are about 90 files (including directories), where as if you have done the factory default there is about 10 Files (including directories).

And I only deleted the old files, NEVER formated the card.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanx

Eugene

TheOwl
06-07-2012, 11:47 PM
It could be that your CF card is corrupt and needs to be replaced.

Custom Search