PDA

View Full Version : Lanier LD032c

Custom Search

thrilljunkie
05-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Hey I have a Lanier LD032c that the customer always says it is squeaking and when I get to the office there is no squeak. One of the other techs has heard it and could not find the problem and I have been on a ton of service calls for this machine and have not ever found it. If you have any suggestions for me please let me know.
Thanks

Cipher
05-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Yer there are so many moving parts it's not always easy to track down a squeak.

But on this model there are a couple of places to check.

1. The waste toner bottle gear (on both).

2. The cleaning screw on the charge corona unit.
(Cleaning is done every 200 copies so you may not actually hear this on a visit unless you manually enable cleaning of the corona wire).

3. The fusing unit / the oil supply unit rollers.
(Use small amounts of the correct type of grease that can handle high temps. Do NOT use oil! it will stink the place out and the customer will be annoyed LOL).

tr21x
07-02-2007, 01:37 AM
It also can be the pcu had a simiular situation replaced the pcu and squeek has not been heard from again

Paper_Jam
07-02-2007, 03:59 AM
It could be the fuser oil cleaning pad. They get a build up on them that can cause a squealing or even a groaning sound and may only be apparent in multi copy runs.

Tonerbomb
07-02-2007, 06:47 AM
best fix for this POS... upgrade your customer to a respectable machine. These machines are the devil's nightmare.

FRIDGEMAGNET
08-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi thrilljunkie
Did you get this one fixed or not?
I have had several of these models with various squeaks and found that if you use output mode in SP then you can often track it down to a particular area.
Most often it was the dev drives that cured it for me.
Hope this helps.
This was a very difficult model at first, but when all mods and firmware were done and it was put into the correct environment it can be a reasonable machine.

Tonerbomb
08-20-2007, 04:38 AM
The correct enviroment is a very dark corner deep in the bowls of the warehouse.... just my opinion err experiance with these. I had the mothership RA 5 of these.

FRIDGEMAGNET
08-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Yes that may be the engineers preferred place! I am a Tech Spec and went to visit a problem one in London a few months ago and enquired if there was another we could compare it with and was told that the building had over 60 on various floors! :eek:

oldtech
08-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Sixty!!, where is my gun.......or a window that will open......or some rope....etc. This is the worst POS I have had to deal with in a long time.

As for the noise, try the bushings on the pcu drive shafts. A quick test is to push the couplings in and out then in stall the pcu and see if it goes away. Expains why replacing the pcu will sometimes get it to stop for a while then come back.

unisys12
08-20-2007, 12:31 PM
It could be the fuser oil cleaning pad. They get a build up on them that can cause a squealing or even a groaning sound and may only be apparent in multi copy runs.

We only have three of these in our area and every time I have been to one for squeaking, or just noises in general, this felt pad is the first thing I clean. So far it has been the cause every time.

There is a TB on this, might be worth taking a look. :cool:

thrilljunkie
08-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Well guy's, I think maybe I have got the problem fixed. Ya'll that said to replace or clean the felt wick in the fuser were right i think maybe that was the problem. We will see and time will be the only thing that tells.....but they are replacing that freakin machine with a new LD425c so we will see how long it takes them to mess that one up.

Thanks again for your input guy's it has been a lot of help.

leo34staffs
08-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Just to reiterate on the felt pad, its worth changing the sponge roller aswell as this seems to keep the pad clean for longer, lucky you as the customer is upgrading!!!!

thrilljunkie
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all the help. We have replaced this machine. We never did find out what the squeak was tho, it went away for a while and then it came back. We are just glad we don't have to fool with it anymore.

Custom Search