PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 420 jam 2nd tray

Custom Search

brent
07-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't know what I have missed. the 2nd tray will intermittently jam. it says jam 2nd tray. the paper will leave the tray and almost get to the sensor. about inches up. but the problem is that the first tray also uses that same sensor and the first tray works great. so I have replaced both of the conveyance clutches. also I have replaced both feed tires and clutches and the small clutch in the second tray. and bent the finger to gain more feed power. regardless I can only get 3 or 4 copies out of the 2nd tray. it is only the 2nd tray problem. anyone ran into this one before? the machine has 580k on it.
thanks
brent

fixthecopier
07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
They are notorious for jamming duplex on portrait paper. Is paper type or direction different from tray 1 to tray 2?

brent
07-07-2010, 10:47 PM
sorry. both trays are in the portrait position they run out of paper from the first tray. then it switches to the second tray. then game over... also they do not duplex. only like 500 prints out of 580k are duplexed. single sided. the machine has a finisher. but that can't be the culprit. 8 1/2 by ll both trays tray 2 is the culprit.
thanks
brent

mo0651
07-12-2010, 04:03 PM
what is the jam code telling you? pickup feed delay out of tray? Feed station just like other models. Have you changed rollers?

brent
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't have the jam code here. but the jam on the screen shows that the paper did not leave the tray. it will be about 5 inches up every time. so you think ok it should be that sensor in the transport area. but I believe tray 1 uses that same sensor. and tray 1 works great. I have changed bothe take up and feed rollers. also the one ways onthat roller. I ordered a couple of shafts that the rollers and one ways sit on. mabee that is it. also I bent the tab to make more feeding pressure on it. help?

brent

minimerlin
07-12-2010, 09:14 PM
What about the drive motor?

brent
07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
we are down to that now. it is the last thing that I can think of. just have not had to replace one before. but this has almost 600k on it. might be a good thing. thanks

brent

brent
07-13-2010, 11:11 PM
upon closer look of the theory of operations manual. it states there is only one feed motor. m 9.. it drives both the top tray and the bottom tray. so I am going to order the feed shafts I guess. plus mabee the belt?? replaced just about everything else in tray 2

brent

fixthecopier
07-13-2010, 11:47 PM
if all else fails, I would swap the operations board out, or rewrite the firmware. I have seen that fix some unexplainable faults. And it could be something like a pinched or mashed wire causing a signal to missed. Also have you inspected the front of the paper tray to see if it is cracked like the 2510's would do.

Downunder
07-20-2010, 12:30 PM
On the second tray feed unit there is a two-piecen white gear. Inside the one piece there is a one-way needl bearing -- this needs to be cleaned. There is also another small gear with a spring clutch unit this also needs to be replaced. This should fix your challenge.

albasoul06
07-20-2010, 01:22 PM
just out of my curiosity.....DID YOU EVER REPLACED THE TRAY ?

brent
07-20-2010, 04:55 PM
hey downunder. is this one way on the assembly that is behind the feed unit. then one that you have to unplug from the back of the machine? or it is in the actual feed assembly? sorry but I have never taken that apart and don't know exactly what part it is. thanks

brent

brent
07-26-2010, 11:40 PM
downunder. I am trying to find these parts. are these in the main unit. or the second tray feed unit? I have them out of a spare machine. just need some clarification? if I just swap out the second feed unit are the parts in there. then I could see if I was heading in the right direction? thanks
brent

rocky246
07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
I think the clutches downunder is talking about are the ones next to the feed rollers.

pepper38_cnd
07-27-2010, 11:25 AM
albasoul has a point. The trays are known to crack and cause intermitant jamming. The crack can be difficult to detect.

Custom Search