PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Driver Windows 2007/Office 2010

Custom Search

cjc1965
07-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Purchased new computer w/ Windows 2007 & Microsoft Office 2010. The driver I am using for Konica Minolta bizhub C450 is not working properly with the duplex feature for Office print. I can uninstall the driver, reboot system, reinstall & pull up a file that I need to print duplex. It will work correctly the first time. If I pull up another file, it show manual duplex. I'm tired of uninstalling & reinstalling. This is the driver download that I am using: KM_UniversalDriver_pcl_v11010_win2kx_vista_xp_7EN
Help. What should I be using?

Thanks!

Stirton.M
07-23-2010, 02:08 AM
KM_UniversalDriver_pcl_v11010_win2kx_vista_xp_7EN
Help. What should I be using?

Thanks!

Uninstall that monstrocity of a effing garbage driver and install the drivers on this link....

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=5517&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

Be sure that you set the options in the configure tab or you will find the same issue.

cjc1965
07-23-2010, 04:41 PM
What options do I need to set in the config tab to make this driver work?

Thanks for the help!!

aesthetics1
07-23-2010, 05:29 PM
If you right click on the printer, and go to "printer properties" (please note that this is NOT "properties," it was changed in this version of Windows,) you will see one of the tabs along the top on the right that says either "Option" or "Configure" depending on which version you have installed. On this list you may need to enable certain features (Stapling, Hole-Punching, Additional Paper Trays, Possibly Duplex?) to get them to work.

The problem with the universal driver is that it queries the printer and "connects" every time you open the printer options... Quite a pain!

cjc1965
07-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks!

I found the configure tab, put it does not show duplex.
I do have option for finisher, punch unit, and etc.

Right now the finisher is not attached to the copier because
of a broken piece. However the copier will duplex without
the finisher.

So what should I try now.

aesthetics1
07-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Duplexing isn't an option on those machines, it is enabled by default. Can you take a screenshot of your "duplex" setting? I think from what you have said that you may be trying to use the duplex option from microsoft word instead of from the print driver itself which is where you should be going.

You should be going to File > Print > Properties > "Layout" Tab > Select "2-sided" from the drop down box on the right hand side.

I suspect you are going to File > Print, and then using the options you see here.

cjc1965
07-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I have been doing File, Printer, Printer Properties (there is no properties), changing to 2 sided and then setting everything else I need before I click ok.
Then I click on Print & it tells me this printer is not set for duplexing please use the print wizard to set.
Which is for a desktop printer, not a copier.

If I uninstall my printer driver, reboot, and reinstall; it allows me the first time I pull up a file to duplex, MS Word or Publisher 2010 shows print 2 sided. Anytime after this it only shows manual duplex.
Doesn't matter if I do the Printer Properties.

I keep getting closer with your help, but I'm not there yet.

file:///C:/Users/Carmen/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngI've attached print screens.

Thanks!

aesthetics1
07-23-2010, 09:28 PM
I see. The message you are getting is Publisher related, and not related to the driver or the printer at all. There is a publisher setting that is trying to duplex the document.

Too many times I have seen in the field customers trying to use the Microsoft or Adobe functions before the printer driver functions. They often conflict with each other. It's not your fault - I personally blame Microsoft/Adobe for trying to "simplify" it in this way. I'll open up my Publisher 2010 and see if I have a similar issue with the C451 in our office. Please give me a few minutes to play around with it.

Looks like you have everything set up properly in the driver by the way.

EDIT:

Try turning OFF the booklet function in Publisher. I can confirm that I do not have this problem when I use your settings minus the booklet setting in Publisher. Do all of your Booklet work and pagination from the print driver itself. Publisher is trying to set up manual duplexing I believe...

Let me know if that works for you!

bwilcox
10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi,

I am having this same issue. I can't find where to turn off the booklet function in Publisher 2007. Thank you for your help!

"Try turning OFF the booklet function in Publisher. I can confirm that I do not have this problem when I use your settings minus the booklet setting in Publisher. Do all of your Booklet work and pagination from the print driver itself. Publisher is trying to set up manual duplexing I believe...

Let me know if that works for you![/QUOTE]"

aesthetics1
10-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Hello. It is right there in the third screenshot. Do you see where it says "Booklet, side-folded?" That needs to be turned off.

bwilcox
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Hello. It is right there in the third screenshot. Do you see where it says "Booklet, side-folded?" That needs to be turned off.

Thanks for your reply! I don't see the same options...attached is a screen shot of what I see when I select print in Publisher 2007.6520 Thank you.

*****************************************OOPS SPOKE TOO SOON! The document printed double sided; however, Page three was on the back of page 1 and Page 2 was on the back of page 4. :-(

aesthetics1
10-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Uninstall that monstrocity of a effing garbage driver and install the drivers on this link....

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=5517&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

Be sure that you set the options in the configure tab or you will find the same issue.

Read a few of the earlier posts in more detail. I recommend getting rid of the driver you are using now (Konica Minolta Universal PS) and using one of the standard drivers linked to in the thread.

Also, you have a different (looks like 2003?) version of Publisher, thus you do not have the same settings as the original poster. Can you tell me your issue in more detail? Also provide the exact error message. Thanks.

bwilcox
10-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Read a few of the earlier posts in more detail. I recommend getting rid of the driver you are using now (Konica Minolta Universal PS) and using one of the standard drivers linked to in the thread.

Also, you have a different (looks like 2003?) version of Publisher, thus you do not have the same settings as the original poster. Can you tell me your issue in more detail? Also provide the exact error message. Thanks.

Attached is a screen shot of the version of Publisher I am using. The C450 BizHub is on our network (Windows 2003 server; Windows 7 Professional OS on my computer). 6521
We started having this issue when we upgraded to Windows 7. I can print double sided PDF's and Word Documents...When I try to print double sided from
6523Publisher the "2-sided Printer Wizard" starts...wizard only shows configurations for inkjet type printers. See the two printer Screen Shots attached6522Our technical consultant has been in touch with Konica Minolta about the driver issues and to this date the driver we are currently using is the one we could get to work with Windows 7. That's why I was hoping that shutting off the "Booklet Function" would work or if you could tell me how to let the BizHub instead of Publisher control the printing function? Thanks!

aesthetics1
10-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Check the "Don't show this message again" box, and click NO when that wizard comes up. Are you able to print now?

Excuse my brevity, I have to step out for a meeting, I'll check back later and do some tests.

bwilcox
10-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Check the "Don't show this message again" box, and click NO when that wizard comes up. Are you able to print now?

Excuse my brevity, I have to step out for a meeting, I'll check back later and do some tests.

Hey -- I tried that and even though it came up with the attached message (ready to print 2nd side reinsert paper) IT PRINTED double sided!!!! Before I had always hit cancel at this point. Thank you!!6524

bwilcox
10-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi, I tried to edit the above post but doesn't look like it went through.

The document did print double sided; however, page 3 was on the back of page 1 and page 4 was on the back of page 2! :-(

Stirton.M
10-08-2010, 11:21 PM
The link I provided is the driver for the C450 Windows 7.

That universal driver is simply put, garbage. I do not recommend it to any of my customers simply because it does not function properly in all situations.

As an aside, you are not constrained by windows 7 to use a windows 7 driver. You can still use an XP driver if you want, you will just be nagged by the OS when you first install it.

bwilcox
10-08-2010, 11:29 PM
The link I provided is the driver for the C450 Windows 7.

That universal driver is simply put, garbage. I do not recommend it to any of my customers simply because it does not function properly in all situations.

As an aside, you are not constrained by windows 7 to use a windows 7 driver. You can still use an XP driver if you want, you will just be nagged by the OS when you first install it.

Thank you for all your help on this -- have a good weekend!

JHLeatherwood
12-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I found a workaround that works for me. Your Mileage May Vary.

Printer: Konica Minlta BizHub C351 with finisher/duplexer installed. C351 drivers dated June 2010, version 1.1.1

VPS and VXL drivers installed. (This turns out to be key, for me)

Acrobat, Word, Excel all allow two-sided (duplex) printing directly and easily from the standard dialog boxes, regardless of printer driver selected.

Publisher 2010 does not. Print One Sided, Print Two Sided Manually (Flip short edge) and Print Two Sided Manually (Flip long edge) are the only options in the standard Print dialog.
Under the Properties link, I can select the Finishing tab for the printer, and select Two-Sided printing. A separate dropdown allows me to select which edge to flip (aka "binding position").

When I "OK" out of the properties dialog and return to the Pub2010 Print dialog, Pub2010 has set the dropdown to "Manually Print two-Sided, Flip short side" option.

IF I have the VPS driver selected, nothing I do will allow the printer to duplex print.
HOWEVER, if I select the PXL driver, then set the printer properties to two-sided, then manually re-set the print dialog box to Print One Sided,IT WORKS!

This is also demonstrated to be true on a Windows Vista Home Premium (x32) machine running Office 2007.

Unlike other printer settings, this combination does not save when the document is saved. Save/close and then re-open the document, and I have to go through all the screens again.

Rationale: According to Konica Minolta, the VPS driver is for PostScript, and the VXL is their PCL printer. Evidently, Publisher 2010 and PostScript drivers don't play well together.

Your Mileage May Vary.

Custom Search