PDA

View Full Version : Rich afficio 200/Sc990

Custom Search

cucuklotz
05-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Cust. said smoke coming from top of machine,and turning on off machine dosnt reset code. Although 30 years in copy bussiness,my exp.on Ricohs is limited. Any help to point me in right direction would be appreciated

Thank you, ANDY

Cipher
05-31-2007, 01:40 PM
SC990: Communication error between BICU and IOCSS board.

Smoke coming out from the top of the machine sounds like something has popped or burnt out.
You need to take the back off and have a general look around the PCBs for electrical burn marks etc.

cucuklotz
05-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Hi
Thank you for your reply,With that said I realize that I need to look at machine,but before I do Id like to go there with at least the ability to reset if possibly. Is there anything I need to do to do so?They said turning on and off didnt reset code(it comes on as soon as you turn on machine),Do I need to go into simulation to reset and if so what number resets it?I dont recall seeing any reset in the simulations for the ricoh 200 type machines.
Thank you, Andy

Cipher
06-01-2007, 01:19 AM
SC990 is a level 'b' service code which basically means powering off / on is sufficient to reset this error.

If it's constantly re-occuring after a hard boot then there is clearly a bigger problem that needs correcting.
SC990 is not clear cut as it can and does occur for many different reasons.
Bad drum grounding, HDD fault, loose/snagged harness, blown internal fuses, corupt NVRAM, corupt firmware, bad memory, blown BICU, controller, PSU etc.

So that's why you really need to inspect the machine.
In my opinion the customer has given you a half decent clue to start you investigation with.

Tonerbomb
06-01-2007, 01:45 AM
SC990 is a level 'b' service code which basically means powering off / on is sufficient to reset this error.

If it's constantly re-occuring after a hard boot then there is clearly a bigger problem that needs correcting.
SC990 is not clear cut as it can and does occur for many different reasons.
Bad drum grounding, HDD fault, loose/snagged harness, blown internal fuses, corupt NVRAM, corupt firmware, bad memory, blown BICU, controller, PSU etc.

So that's why you really need to inspect the machine.
In my opinion the customer has given you a half decent clue to start you investigation with.
These machines had a problem with the toner motor that would short and blow the IOB board. Pop sizzle smoke. If this happened there will be a chip with obvious damage on that board. An Aficio 200 should be dead by now anyway!! Good luck!

cucuklotz
06-01-2007, 02:37 AM
HI
I will check machine out tomm.

Thank you both for quick replys ,it makes servicing equipment your not that familiar with a heck of a lot easier (its hard enough working on the machines you supposedly know,whatever happened to the days of the savin 220,life was much easier)
Andy

cucuklotz
06-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Hi,
I checked out machine and as soon as I took off the back panel I saw the problem,the Iocss board was smoked,one of the drivers was completely blown off board with a black streak of burnt out board about 5 inches long.I would be afraid to put new board in fearing same thing might happen.Where do I go from here,and do you knowwhere I can get board from ,as I have no real ricoh contacts.
Thank you, ANDY

Tonerbomb
06-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Check the toner bottle motor. Ohm it for short circuit. This was common back in the day for these. As for the pcb try Hytec or Ambassador repair services.

Custom Search