PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 250 IU

Custom Search

mrwho
08-16-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm quite sure the Photoconductor Unit for the 250 already has drum, charge corona and cleaning blade. But I'm being asked for it and I'm just asking here to be 110% sure of that.

So, does the 250 photoconductor unit comes with the drum and all that?

Thanks!

nmfaxman
08-16-2010, 11:35 AM
The IU is a complete unit. You could save money by ordering the rebuild kit from Precision Roller.

mrwho
08-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Thank you. I know, I can also order it from Katun. But I needed to give confirmation to a non-techie colleague who was convinced that the drum was not included in the IU. But I wanted to be 110% sure, that's why I asked here.

Thanks once again.

copytechman
08-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Depends on how you define IU, to me that includes the complete dev unit (attached to the drum unit) as well. So in the context of either photoconductor unit (upper half) and dev unit (lower half), if your "iu" refers to the photoconductor unit only then yes the drum is pre-installed in it when you buy the "dr310" from KM. However if the machine is "asking" for a photoconductor unit then you, when you change the drum, you (typically) have to change the dev as well, especially with this model (I tried to "cheat" once, ended in a c2557 code, never done it since!)... (replace dev material, inspect dv unit, run f8, reset the proper counters too!) Just a fyi!

Regards.
A.

mrwho
08-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the FYI.

Custom Search