PDA

View Full Version : Bizhup PRO C6500 White line in cyan

Custom Search

drodas78
08-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Hi friends.

Attached is the picture with the problem I'm getting from the cyan color. The picture is a pattern at 128. I want to have some advice or instructions before getting into it. Please let me know what do you think I need to check for.

Thank you for your help.

costel fasola
08-20-2010, 07:28 PM
drum is ok?
developer counter...?
give me some dates here

drodas78
08-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Thank you for your quick reply.

The cyan developer is at 36%
The cyan drum is at 81%

drum is ok?
developer counter...?
give me some dates here

costel fasola
08-20-2010, 08:14 PM
try in 36 mode process ajustement...initialization on cyan unit all steps

drodas78
08-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi.

I hope not to bother you. I don't know all the terms and processes yet.

Would you explain me more?
- How I enter into 36 mode process adjustment?
- "Initialization on cyan unit all steps" is a part of 36 mode process adjustment?

Thank you very much.

mrwho
08-20-2010, 08:48 PM
What direction did that print come out at? Is that an A3/DLT? Or A4/Letter?
Also, what paper are we talking (type and weight)?

drodas78
08-20-2010, 08:52 PM
The direction is from right to left it came out of the printer in the same way that is the scan. It's a Letter. The lines appear no matter the paper.

costel fasola
08-20-2010, 08:55 PM
power on
9272 start
36 menu
process ajutment
etc
u need a service manual

mrwho
08-20-2010, 10:46 PM
The direction is from right to left it came out of the printer in the same way that is the scan. It's a Letter. The lines appear no matter the paper.

Okay, so if I understood you correctly, the feed direction was this:

So, since you only got that on cyan, I would check the cyan charge corona, the cyan developing unit and the cyan drum, in that order.

hosman80
08-20-2010, 11:39 PM
check your cyan dv unit, it looks like a something on the mag roller.

aesthetics1
08-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Dust tends to build up in there. Poor design if you ask me. You can clean it off or take a can of dust off to it. It should get rid of the other smaller ones too if this is what is causing it.

Otherwise looks like something on the mag roller to me, too.

drodas78
08-21-2010, 02:29 AM
You are right that's the feed direction.

Okay, so if I understood you correctly, the feed direction was this:

So, since you only got that on cyan, I would check the cyan charge corona, the cyan developing unit and the cyan drum, in that order.

HORSE
08-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Dust tends to build up in there. Poor design if you ask me. You can clean it off or take a can of dust off to it. It should get rid of the other smaller ones too if this is what is causing it.

Otherwise looks like something on the mag roller to me, too.
+1

It looks like fluff in dev unit, try inserting a bit of paper between the blade and roller and work it towards the back of the unit. You might be able to work it out.

A hair in the laser path under the potential sensor will give a sharp line.... But a hair or speck closer to the laser window gives a more unfocused White line like above.

For those who mentioned dirty charge corona.... That would give a dark line

drodas78
08-21-2010, 02:30 AM
So do I have to check for hair or speck closer to the image unit window? Can you send me a pic of where to insert the bit of paper?

Thanks.

Stirton.M
08-21-2010, 05:02 AM
check your cyan dv unit, it looks like a something on the mag roller.

I agree...dev mag roller contaminant. Might be fuzz or a hardened piece of developer caught up in the mag/doctor blade.

Stirton.M
08-21-2010, 05:30 AM
So do I have to check for hair or speck closer to the image unit window? Can you send me a pic of where to insert the bit of paper?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of this. Typically, the developer unit is not serviced beyond simply dumping the developer powder and refilling it at periodic PM cycles, so there is no real breakdown of how it looks.

From the theory manual, the following image shows where the regulation plate (blade) (5) is found relative to the mag (developing roller)(4)

To access this, you need to open the cover of the dev unit itself. See attached image for where the screws are to allow this. The second picture shown shows the drive side, while the above picture shows the toner add side.

Before you do so, I cannot stress enough that you be working on a largish clean table with nothing but the dev unit and your screwdriver. Opening up the dev chamber, if anything gets inside, will only add to your problems.

Removal of the cover is easy, take out the screws and gently lift the cover on the screw side. It will pivot on the developer roller side and can be removed. Installing it is the reverse.

As Horse described, use a slip of regular paper, it does not have to be large, a couple inches so you can hold onto it, gently slip it in between the plate and the roller and then slide the paper to either end, whichever is closest to the contaminant. You may have to repeat this several times. To test to see if you dealt with the contaminant, you will need to roll the developer roller a little to observe if the line reappears, or for that matter, moved in the direction you slid the paper towards to move it. See first image for the correct direction this roller should turn. Do not reverse the roller if at all possible.

Sometimes you may get lucky and can grab onto the contaminant itself. Fuzz for example, and just pull it out.

This is an exercise in patience. Do not be in a rush.

RRodgers
08-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Just take off the black plastic piece that is just below the mag roller. Take a business card and run it along the bottom gap of the mag roller to clean out anything that might be blocking it. Also make sure that some dev hasn't worked it's way above the mag roller and onto the mylar. Be sure that the bottom of the dev unit is clean as well. Should be fine after that.

There is the possibility that you have something on the slit glass (but I RARELY see that dirty enough to cause that)

ESA
08-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Had this exact problem problem yesterday. Had a original toner bottle shipped defeative with clumps of toner in it (cyan). Got into the dev and bingo large white lines. Some how client didn't notice rocks like toner when shaking it? Dev unit is now shot as it is loaded with clumps. You should look at what was asked but being so white if you pull the dev unit you'll see it right away if it is here. Also dev maybe past life. Any error codes of late?

mrwho
08-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Some how client didn't notice rocks like toner when shaking it?

Your customers shake their toner? Wow, you got some clever ones! :D

HORSE
08-21-2010, 02:52 PM
I have had my Techs chuck a few Dev units because they put lumpy developer in at a PM, Australian 45C (113F for you US folks) temperature not good for developer during summer.

I have had once instance where I had a very feint white line in the K, took the laser out and there was a fiber on the laser window. If the same fiber was caught under the potential sensor it would be the usual 'meandering lines' (see attached) and look very sharp. (see attached) which is more common. But because the white line was broader and more unfocused it was be likely that the fiber was closer to the source (laser) because of the 'laser sweep'.

Simple rule for laser path contamination... Sharper the deletion line the closer to the drum... the more unfocused the deletion the closer to the source.

Stirton.M
08-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I was told by a trainer to not shake or tap the toner bottles like we did in the past, the toner is wax based. It can lead to these clumps due to compression.

seniortech
08-21-2010, 03:55 PM
For starters swap the cyan charger over with another colour (see if fault moves to that colour). try the same with the drum unit...

ESA
08-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Never heard that before.

Stirton.M
08-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Never heard that before.

Standard fair when troubleshooting this machine. It helps eliminate the components. Even the dev unit can be swapped (tape over the toner add hole) to see if the problem moves with or not.

mrwho
08-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Standard fair when troubleshooting this machine. It helps eliminate the components. Even the dev unit can be swapped (tape over the toner add hole) to see if the problem moves with or not.

Well, that's a new one that never had ocurred to me - definitely going to my book of tricks! Thanks!

Stirton.M
08-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Well, that's a new one that never had ocurred to me - definitely going to my book of tricks! Thanks!

Any time. It is especially useful when dealing with TCR failure codes too. I learned this a while back...it saves time and of course, money, not having to put in a new dev unit and starter when the problem could be harness or PRCB related.

Coptech
08-21-2010, 10:41 PM
I thought dev mag roller also but looks wider than I have seen before. What about something on laser slit glass or in the optics path below dev unit. Maybe a seal is curling up into laser path.

Stirton.M
08-22-2010, 04:25 AM
I would hope the OP looked for things like that already. It had been mentioned in this thread. Typical of laser, the line would have well defined edges in most cases. If a contaminant is in the mag/doctor blade area, it creates white lines very similar to this. It is common throughout any dev unit, regardless of colour or b/w.

HORSE
08-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Like Stirton.M posted earlier swapping the dev unit around by taping the hole will eliminate the dev unit. If problem still exists in that postion in for instance magenta then it would be laser path.

Blockshocker
08-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Hi,

Could you please guide me through this process.

Much appreciated

costel fasola
08-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi,

Much appreciated
u need a service manual

(http://www.akitainfo.net/knowledgebase/Manuals/Bizhub%20Color/C6500/)

Blockshocker
08-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Many Thanks

costel fasola
08-23-2010, 07:10 PM
welcome

AyJayAreDii
08-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Thank you for your quick reply.

The cyan developer is at 36%
The cyan drum is at 81%

What is Cyan Dev Unit counter? Even if you unblock the blockage, it maybe worth replacing the dev units on the next service. your example don't look that strong a solid even without the white band.

Stirton.M
08-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi,

Much appreciated

There IS NO 36 MODE in a C6500.

And resetting the dev unit will only make things really bad for you, if you do not know what you are doing. Leave such things to a qualified tech.

paulyp3856
08-24-2010, 07:01 PM
look at your cyan corona, if not that, back roll your cyan mag roller and see if it improves.

HORSE
08-24-2010, 11:28 PM
look at your cyan corona, if not that, back roll your cyan mag roller and see if it improves.

Contaminated corona will give you a dark line on a C6500 not a white line.

dljorg
08-26-2010, 02:04 AM
Could also be a bit of fuzz or something between the laser and the drum. Area under the dev unit is particularly prone to this. Remove the transfer unit and the cyan drum then use a flashlight on the area directly under the dev unit. Fuzz is sometimes hard to see.

vanman
01-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Had the same exact Problem. Look at the cyan developer toner roller, you should see a even coating of toner across the length of the roller. In your case there is going to be a gap or a light coating of toner on the area of the stripe. Take a 2" wide strip of 80lb gloss, an feed it in the bottom portions of the roll approx 1-2" until it stops. Then move the strip left and right across the length of the roller. There is a blockage preventing even toner distribution, this will losen it up and should correct your problem.

drodas78
01-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Thank you Vanman I will do it and let you know.

kronical
01-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Check your charge grids for dirt or debris, also check your laser slits.

empiru
02-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Hi!

It is clearly a matter of the laser beam not "getting" on the drum surface.
1. Check the "Dust proof glass" - it could be dirty
2. Check UNDER the Cyan Developing Unit to see if there is dust standing in the way of the laser beam.
3. Check the mag. roller of the developing unit to see if it is uniform (or even, how should I say? ). If you can see a lack of developer on the mag. roller in that area where the white line appears, then you should just clean the developing unit.

Stirton.M
03-01-2011, 03:27 AM
*shakes head*

Either of you last two guys bothered looking at ALL the other responses? Your contribution is certainly welcome, but you are simply revisiting solutions that have already been stated. Several times in fact.

trublu
03-01-2011, 06:19 AM
While something interfering between the laser and drum normally produces a sharply defined line, I have had a case where a translucent liquid had been spilt on the print head window, which gave a more fuzzy line.

Custom Search