PDA

View Full Version : SMB scan path question

Custom Search

herdless
09-08-2010, 02:35 AM
If I'm setting up SMB scanning on a C353 but my scan-to folder is not on the C: drive, how do I specify the correct drive in the Path setting? For example, rather than the C: drive it's the G: drive on a client PC.

Related question:

Say this same G: drive is on the server instead. How would I specify the path?

Thanks for any help with this.

Stirton.M
09-08-2010, 02:52 AM
the path simply is the name of the shared folder. It is irrelevant where it resides on your computer, so long as it is shared.

The host address would be either your IP address (if your computer is set to a fixed IP, not DHCP), or you can use the host name of your pc (if you are set to DHCP and the copier has the DNS table set to the DHCP server, be it a computer or router.

So for example, my primary computer on my network here is called WOLF359. I have a shared folder simply named "scans" (without the quotes).

I would put in the host address field my IP address, or wolf359. The path statement would simply be "scans" (without the quotes).

Depending on the share setup, you may require a login name and password. I always recommend this, especially in office environments, to have the host computer use passwords. Security reasons and all that. It's up to you how you want this.

From personal experience, if you are using Windows 7, you may be forced to use a login name and password, depending on the varient OS version you are scanning to.

emujo
09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Tip for settng up scanning (SMB) on Win XP..really easy!!! Create a folder in the "My Shared Documents" folder, and share it out to everyone. At the MFP, go into admin, network settings, SMB settings, print settings and change the default workgroup name to the customers domain name. Now you can setup a one touch button from the MFP by browsing their network and navigating to the workstation folder you just created...the nice thing is you wont need a user name/password to access the folder so no issues down the road with passwords changing. Still trying to make this work on Vista/Win7 boxes, but security is a "bit" tighter with these OS's. This works great for small "Mom and Pops" with no IT support. Emujo

herdless
09-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the help.

Konica_jr
09-08-2010, 05:22 PM
you can see your network, computers and shared folders directly with your C353 on the SMB menu like it was said before,

for mac you have to input the folder and sub folder path like:
documents\scans

herdless
09-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but how would I determine the companies domain name?

Thanks again!

ni311
09-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Right-click on the My Computer -> Properties -> Computer Name tab -> Workgroup: domain name

herdless
09-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks.

jma676
09-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Ok, Thank you! and maybe you need post this thread here:

Connectivity (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/connectivity/)

Stirton.M
09-13-2010, 03:03 AM
The question is relevant to Konica Minolta and does not HAVE to be in the connectivity thread.

jma676
09-13-2010, 06:14 PM
The question is relevant to Konica Minolta and does not HAVE to be in the connectivity thread.

Well guys, do not take offense, so as I started with the word "Sorry", just trying to suggest that ..., maybe reading the threads is done in a more orderly and thus also receive faster responses.

Be Happy!!!!!!!

Scan to....., Email to..........., FTP to......., LDAP....,IP Address.....,etc, all connectivity item.

Custom Search