PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7085 and fs-211 connection probem

Custom Search

majas
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Hello!
My printer have connection problem with finisher. 2 days ago everything was allright but today i turn on copier a finisher doesn't work. Everything connected but the copier don't see the fs-211. +/- 1 min after copier star it beeps 5 times is not normal i think. Red led is light at the power board on finisher. I need help fast because i must print 5000 a3 booklets at night.

Thanks. Regards,
Majas

Coptech
09-09-2010, 08:52 PM
My bet is that you have a motor dragging such as the exit motor that popped an ICP on the finisher control board.

majas
09-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks for reply, can you explain what you mean? i don't understand:)

Coptech
09-10-2010, 12:44 AM
I think you have a motor that is blowing up the finisher control board. You really need someone that is familiar with that machine for service. You may just have a bad board but the twice that I have seen the problem, I had to troubleshoot to find out which motor was taking the board out.

majas
09-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Thanks, the finisher is dead?I must change the control boards? but i must print and booklet. Maybe you know something else. I have bizhub c500 pro with fs-606 fisnisher a cover inserter. Can i put +/- 100 pages on that and can it center fold one by one page without creasing all 100 together??? But i don't want use c500 printer because i print on 7085. Maybe you understand me:) sorry for my english.
Best regards

Coptech
09-10-2010, 02:43 AM
I wish I had better news but I think your timeframe is not going to be met. You may be able to contact a board repair service and get away with just changing the board. My point is that it went bad for a reason and I suspect a possible shorting motor that caused the failure. What actually fails is a small component fuse on the board called an ICP. If the board is off, you can locate and check ICPs with an ohmeter. Continuity means good, open means bad. I have in the past, soldered a good ICP of the same rating piggyback to the bad fuse. But the correct way is as a board repair service would do.

Custom Search