PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C6501 showing C-0418

Custom Search

Eugene74
09-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Good day you all,

Would like to know if there is anybody who had this fault code before or that can help me resolving it. I installed a new C6501 with a dehumidifier on the LU a week ago. Machine worked perfectly for a week and since yesterday it started to give us the code (C-0418). if I unplug it machine works, and the fans at the back of LU at dehumidifier turn. But as soon as I connect it again and send a print job machine hangs for 15 min and comes up with fault code. Is it possible that the dehumidifier has packed up or the HV supplying power to dehumidifier.

Many thanks
Eugene

ineo+6501
09-09-2010, 01:19 PM
C-0418 Dehumidifier heater /3 (HTR2)
rising temperature abnormality.
Temperature sensor (TEMS)
detected temperature does not
reach the specified temperature
within the specified time.

Sounds like a plug is loose somewhere after installation of the heater kit. These things only kick in when they need to if you are using the default setting of "auto".
I know it's obvious but check all connections.

ni311
09-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Good point, it won't pop up any code if the large unit with the dehumidifier it is not used. My advice, try to re-install it with the Installation Manual, follow each and every step.

jma676
09-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Bizhub Pro C6501 Code C-0418

Well okay just to enlarg....

Descripition : Dehumedifer Heater/3 (HTR2) rising temperature abnormality.
"Temperature sensor (TEMS) detected temperature does not reach the specified temperature within the specifued time."

Relevant Parts: LU Drive Board (LUDB), LUAC, Drive Board (ACDB), Dehumedifer Heater/3 (HTR2), Temperature Sensor (TEMS).

Description : C-0418 code which may be intermittent.

My Note: reviewed the SW3

Solution

PROBABLE CAUSES:

1.This occurswhen the LU-202 is set to Coated Paper and the Relative Humidity is above 56%. Installthemodified LU-202 LCT control board (p/n A03W H010 13).

2. Failing HT-503 (Item #A0410Y0). Replace HT-503.

Note : Ensure the Dehumidifier Switch (SW3) is turned ON with the HT-503 installed. SW3 is located on the lower left side of the machine under a cover.

SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Clinton Marquardt, ESS/SSD and Ed Bellone, Production Print/SSD

mr.propper
09-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi Eugene74

check the power switch from LU Heater. this is located in the near from power cable of the engine.
The switch is under a little gray cover above the power cable.6129

greets
mr.propper

jma676
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi mr.propper pinched the idea, said the same thing (SW3), could not find this image. very well.

Eugene74
09-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks tou all, will go have a look at the switch, not to sure that its at the same place as where mr.popper's picture shows (This is C6501) but will go inspect, at least a place to start from. Also going to take an extra LU heater with, will let you know. Many thanks for the input.

Stirton.M
09-10-2010, 10:41 AM
The LU-202 is universal throughout all of this series.

As an aside, we have had some of these code out on us brand new out of the box. Replacing doesn't always work. We simply remove the heater electrical connections. Granted, here in Calgary, we are in a desert type climate, so humidity is almost never a problem aside from the opposite, too dry. Having a heater unit here is redundant.

Somehow I doubt South Africa is dry.

Eugene74
09-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Stirton.M thanx for the input. Yeah we stay by the coast so humidity is a BIG BIG factor, some parts in South Africa, I would say a Heater will be redundant too, but unfortunally not by us. So I need to make a plan, will keep posted. Many thanx.

jma676
09-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Stirton.M thanx for the input. Yeah we stay by the coast so humidity is a BIG BIG factor, some parts in South Africa, I would say a Heater will be redundant too, but unfortunally not by us. So I need to make a plan, will keep posted. Many thanx.

Sorry, already answered this but ..... well back to mention: in the bulletin clearly states item 1 "Install the modified LCT LU-202 control board "!!!!, well, whatever you want guys, I think it is a clear problem with the temperature control in some weather conditions, the temperature is dissipated in different ways, this would be in areas of low temperature and humidity, the strange thing is that the bulletin mentions humidity 53%, well I think is within the zone Q, and does not mention temperature conditions , So I think this is about understanding if the KM BP C6500 is not installed in the conditions specified by KM, this type of problems, and others will occur.

This was too long, but so is clear the problem related to the temperature did not reach the required value in the specified time, and the humidity conditions makes the temperature rise is delayed.

It would be a good test first to ensure that the dehumidifier switch turn on , then leave the LU-202 with the lid open just a little and turn on the switch with a clip. This would leave the chamber dry faster.

Eugene74
09-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Many thanx to all of you and the input. It was the switch (SW3). Seems that there were 2 guys setting up the LU with the heater and missed that setup part. This time it was quite easy to fix. Thanx everybody.

Custom Search