PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Scan to Email

Custom Search

colin
09-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Hey Guys,

I have an unusual thing happening with the scan to email feature. We have just moved a 3232e from one location to another within the same corporation. The scan to email worked before but now when you send the document through all I receive on the email side is an error: 0x0010 <time stamp> <senders address> <recipients address> <file name> (but no file) and the subject is titled Status. I have checked with there IT and they state the DNS and SMTP server settings are all correct. Also, saying they have the exact same machine at a different location within the company with the same working settings. I called Kyocera and they were no help.... stating the only thing they had under those error codes was to check the subject line. Which I have, it is set as "scan". Any input would be grateful, Thanks in advance. - Colin

mrwho
09-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Maybe that new location has some router filtering out stuff (between the new location network segment and the old location network segment) that wasn't there before?

Shot in the dark, I never got that myself...

blackcat4866
09-14-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm thinking that is the error printed on the error report. There is nothing useful on the error report.

The error you need to know is the one displayed on the machine's screen. When you press End that information is gone. Not stored anywhere.

I have some guesses though. I suspect that the IP range may be different in this part of the company. Most people remember to change the IP for the print cards, but forget the scan card. Is there a network cable connected to the scan card? There should be two: one for print, and one for scan. =^..^=

colin
09-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks for your reply's, there IT guys seem to be pretty top notch so I don't think it could be segment related. They had filled me in with all of the new server settings and had them double check everything. Black-cat, I am able to get to the NS-30 web interface and the command center, so I know that the scanner card is connected. I have double checked the the IP ranges and it is all correct. I think the scan to email is partially working that's whats killing me.... I receive an email after sending it from the 3232e but the email is where I receive the error not the machine, the machine gives no errors.

processorburn
09-15-2010, 03:15 AM
hi there ,
im not sure wether this helps u o not. U can try input e-mail acc name and password in e-mail setting ( user authentication )

mrwho
09-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Well, if the machine gives no errors at all, it should mean that, from the machine's point of view, everything is ok, as it delivered the scan to the SMTP server without trouble. So you're dealing with a server-sided problem, whatever that is.

Can you test it with another mail server just for the hell of it?

Mr Spock
09-15-2010, 11:24 AM
If the ip address changed then they (the IT) people need to reset up the relay information for the new ip address.

blackcat4866
09-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Well, if the machine gives no errors at all, it should mean that, from the machine's point of view, everything is ok, as it delivered the scan to the SMTP server without trouble. So you're dealing with a server-sided problem, whatever that is.

Can you test it with another mail server just for the hell of it?

I agree with mrwho. The email is reaching the SMTP. The problem exists at or beyond the SMTP server. This is not a hardware or settings problem. This is a server issue.

colin
09-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I put it back in the hands of there IT, thanks for your thoughts guys.

mrwho
09-15-2010, 08:20 PM
There's nothing wrong about making the IT work out the problem when it's their probem, just make sure you explain your findings and why you're pushing it their way so it doesn't look like you're trying to run away from the problems.

Jules Winfield
09-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Sounds like their email server is either doing some content filtering or blocking certain attachments (perhaps based on size?). Either way, it doesn't sound like a problem with the copier...

Custom Search