PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C351 Fusing unit help needed

Custom Search

brilliantsol
09-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi all,

Machine suddenly started outputting creased paper. had a look around and found the fusing unit has a layer of plastic. not too sure if it is delaminating this plastic, or whether it has been fed something (of course no one has fed it anything nasty!).

not too sure if it should have a plastic layer on the roller and the fuser is just dead or whether it is foreign matter - waiting for the machine to cool at the moment.

If it's a dead unit, is it an engineer fix or would a competent person be able to change the unit.
Sorry about the blurry image but the palstic can be seen on here.

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Colin

Stirton.M
09-21-2010, 02:04 PM
replace the fuser.

brilliantsol
09-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Many thanks, now it has cooled and been removed i can see the diff from the other roller.

Gulp, not cheap.

Stirton.M
09-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Nope, that they are not. Unfortunately these cannot be rebuilt to my knowledge. Someone else might know otherwise, but I doubt it. You might be able to source a little cheaper through Katun.

Kmdurrin
09-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Nope, that they are not. Unfortunately these cannot be rebuilt to my knowledge. Someone else might know otherwise, but I doubt it. You might be able to source a little cheaper through Katun.

You are correct, Stirton. The C351/450 fusing unit is a "black box" unit and cannot be rebuilt. Part code 4049-523, and precision roller sells it for about $600 shipped. The good news is - its a really easy replacement if you do get a new fuser.

Custom Search