PDA

View Full Version : c252 no display

Custom Search

NIKIL.KP
09-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi all
when the c252 machine is on,the display will give sand time and goes off completely.i rewrite the firmware of mfp,printer and scanner.download was completed and in mfp it showed download completed with checksum.Please advis eon this issue.

thankyou

bizhub1
09-29-2010, 12:51 PM
I would check with KM, I believe their is a warranty issue for the control panels on this model.

NIKIL.KP
09-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Sorry t o say that i have interchanged the control panel but still problem exists

bizhub1
09-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Maybe this will help.
Subject:
At power up an hourglass is indicated and then the LCD goes blank.
Description:
At power up an hourglass is indicated and then the LCD goes blank.
Solution:
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. The PWB-M board has failed.
Replace the failed PWB-M board (p/n 4038 H001 01).

2. The MFP board has failed.
Replace the failed PWB-MFP board (p/n 4038 0121 06). Be sure to flash the newly installed board prior to MFP operation.

3. The NVRAM is corrupt or has failed.
Contact the SSD Hotline. At this time we will provide the NVRAM recovery file and instructions for the recovery. If this procedure does not resolve the problem the NVRAM will need to be replaced. Please see the attached NVRAM Bulletin #5783 regarding the ordering process. To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).
IMPORTANT: All requests for NVRAMs must be approved by the SSD Hotline and a problem ticket generated. If a request is received without an established problem ticket number the request will be denied.
Before replacing the NVRAM, thoroughly troubleshoot the problem. The NVRAM should be replaced only as the last resort. Many times replacing it DOES NOT solve the issue and, when it does, only a setting in the NVRAM may have caused the problem.

mo0651
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
NVRAM. Keep your firmware handy.

Stirton.M
09-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Always worth while to look at the cables between the control panel itself and the MFP....there is a board under the scanner unit (behind the CCD), PWB-C which can also be at fault for some problems with the panel. Check the ribbon cable and the heavy interface cable at both ends...sometimes oxidation is enough to cause issue. See attached image, red circled items....or for that matter, the C-board itself may have failed.

Custom Search