PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C351 issues

Custom Search

trektech
10-04-2010, 06:21 PM
A customer moved their KMBS C351 from another facility to a local office.
I am trying to set it up on their network and it is acting up.

It is seen on the network, embeeded webpage available, but will not print.
It will also not print internal configuration page and others.

The machine did print the config page etc.. the previous day before the network drop was available but since letting it DHCP the network settings and setting the requested IP address it is exhibiting the above issues.
Even after unplugging the network cable it is still the same.

I'm a bit confused, it worked at their previous location but now I'm trying to put it under contract here I am having these issues.
I was thinking firmware but am unable to get.

Help will be appreciated.

:confused:

Stirton.M
10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Do a trouble reset first of all. Might be something simplistic as that.

Failing that, do a factory reset. This will mean you will have to reprogram most user settings, re-enable hard disk and so forth, but it is the next level.

It is also entirely possible that there is a poor connection between the MFB and MCB...check the cage and reseat.

RRodgers
10-04-2010, 08:58 PM

Failing that, do a factory reset. This will mean you will have to reprogram most user settings, re-enable hard disk and so forth, but it is the next level.

It is also entirely possible that there is a poor connection between the MFB and MCB...check the cage and reseat.

Ya could just unplug it and plug it back on after a minute.

trektech
10-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I did trouble reset and memory reset and I just did re-seat the cage. same situation so far.

I am thinking about reformatting the HDD, physical format this time. It's a shot. What do you think?

TheOwl
10-05-2010, 12:39 AM
In the service mode, you can initialize the network settings.

I would be doing this first of all just to make sure that there isn't something hanging around from the old network that is clashing with the new network. If possible, also setup a DHCP Reservation on their DHCP server so that the machine gets the same IP information everytime it reboots. This will help cut down on setup time if you initialize the network more than once.

Failing that, I would go down the firmware and format path.

Mr Spock
10-05-2010, 02:19 AM
just an unhelpful hint. try a different network drop. I have been to several installs lately that the wall jack was not connected at the switch. All the cables were run except between the patch panel and switch.

trektech
10-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks, good advice. I did do these steps previously and am agreeing with you that it is in need a firmware re-write. At least I hope that is all it needs.

As I said before, it is seen on the network and the printer's webpage is available. I can ping it, it can ping the host.
But, when I send a print request the Data light blinks as though it is receiving but it never prints and the op panel becomes locked up. Very weird.
I can print service pages but, in user mode under print settings, reports, I cannot print a configuration page. No data light blinking and the op panel does eventually become unresponsive, although it does beep on touch but the soft key pressed does not respond.

Thanks to all for your advice and any additional advice is welcome.

In the service mode, you can initialize the network settings.

I would be doing this first of all just to make sure that there isn't something hanging around from the old network that is clashing with the new network. If possible, also setup a DHCP Reservation on their DHCP server so that the machine gets the same IP information everytime it reboots. This will help cut down on setup time if you initialize the network more than once.

Failing that, I would go down the firmware and format path.

Stirton.M
10-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Just a thought but what about the memory sticks? Tried swapping those out?

trektech
10-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Hmmmm, I did do the internal memory tests and they all passed. I did remove and re-seat each stick too but, I think you may have an interesting thought there.
Thanks, I'll try it.

Bob

Just a thought but what about the memory sticks? Tried swapping those out?

Custom Search