PDA

View Full Version : Biz Hub c552

Custom Search

krm
10-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Com 10 envelopes jam. One or two will go though ok, then one jams before registration area. Thanks for your input. The computer and manual feed are selected for com. 10 envelopes.

bizhub1
10-08-2010, 02:41 AM
[I just had a customer run a job of 500 through their 552 and I had to set it to com10 but also thick4. Also make sure they are not putting to many in the bypass at one time, can't remember what the specs are off hand.

QUOTE=krm;169755]Com 10 envelopes jam. One or two will go though ok, then one jams before registration area. Thanks for your input. The computer and manual feed are selected for com. 10 envelopes.[/QUOTE]

krm
10-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Thank you for you're reply. Can you set com 10 and thick 4 at the same time? How did you set it?
Thanks.

bizhub1
10-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello, yes you can, trying to remember how to do it without being in front of a machine, but under bypass paper settings you can select both, you may have to play with it to find it.

TE=krm;169972]Thank you for you're reply. Can you set com 10 and thick 4 at the same time? How did you set it?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

emujo
10-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Let me preface with...this is primarially a "Plain Paper Copier". That being said, you can run envelopes, only through the bypass tray, no more than 10 at a time, and the envelopes must be the standard type, no tri-fold flap, or plastic windows. I went through the user settings on our C552 and I can select thick or com 10 but not both. If Bizhub1 can post the methode I would appreciate it. If your buying a C552 with envelopes as your primary concern, this is not the machine you want. Keep that old HP next to the MFP and use it to run your envelopes. Emujo

Stirton.M
10-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I agree. Technically these machines cannot reliably do envelopes, in spite of the specs stating they can. If I recall correctly, the setting for com10 implies thick settings. The fuser does not pinch as tightly, so the envelope does not come out mangled. But in spite of this, sometimes the envelope comes out mangled anyway.

bizhub1
10-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Hello guys, I will get to a machine and find the steps for you, I did not think you could select both either until another of our techs told me about it, he was having image transfer issues on evelopes and he said tech support told him to select it. Will be back in touch

bizhub1
10-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Here is how I changed the com 10 settings, under change paper settings for the bypass, I selected thick 4 for the paper type, then on the right side of the screen under paper size, I selected standard and under that tab you can scroll down to com 10. In the upper box it will show com10/thick 4. Worth a shot but I agree 100% with Emujo and Stirton, machines were not designed for envelopes.

krm
10-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Thank you for your input. I will try this and get back to you. I wish KMBS would stop putting envelopes on their mfp's, customers hang in with it.

Custom Search