PDA

View Full Version : bh c353 fuser rollers

Custom Search

rbell12
10-07-2010, 04:10 PM
has anybody found a source to get fuser rollers for this model? or, are you stuck buying the whole fuser. are looking for the pressure roller. tia rb

ebm
10-07-2010, 06:29 PM
has anybody found a source to get fuser rollers for this model? or, are you stuck buying the whole fuser. are looking for the pressure roller. tia rb

I hope you are taking advantage of the Konica YPP program. Might as well get a replacement fuser when you can since Konica is forcing the dealers to buy and replace their whole units. I hope Konica comes out with the same solution to disable the IU replacement message for other and future models as they did for the C203 and C451 series. This might help the dealer's bottom line.

chexin51
10-08-2010, 09:41 PM
They are the same part A02ER72000 - They can be reset -

C203 Fuser Reset
1. remove fuser unit from machine
2. remove left side cover - 2 screws
3. locate green fuse and cut away clear insulation tube
4. unsolder fuse
5. solder one end of new fuse ( .0625 Amp = 1/16 Amp ) and install
insulating shrink tube
6. solder the other end and place tube so all is covered by shrink tube
7. put back side cover
8. reinstall fuser
9. turn on copier - fuse will blow and fuser counter will be reset

with some luck you might be able to get another 50% LIFE before it starts to wrinkle the paper intermittently.

As far as individual parts - I haven't been able to find any - The pressing is done by a Press Belt which rides on 2 rollers so if this is damaged you're out of luck.

Stirton.M
10-08-2010, 11:39 PM
No need to solder...just remove the insulation, put the new pico in parallel with the old, wrap the wire around the old leads, put some black tape to cover it all and yer done.

Generally, resetting the fusers gains very little extra life. KM went through a lot of trouble to extend the life period of these units and they generally start to fail at the end of the first cycle. This is especially true of the C451-C650 series....when those get to end of life, they generally really are at end of life in the physical sense.

chexin51
10-10-2010, 10:26 PM
The problem is the fusers often will show they need replacement before they reach the 400K copy count that they base the cost per copy on. In this case they can be reset and they often will reach the spec and sometimes exceed it. I believe they base the count on several factors like number of rotations, amount of toner density, time the heaters are turned on which can produce a count that is lower than the Life Specification of 400K.

And yes it is faster to just wrap the new fuse in place but the electrical tape can produce burning plastic smells that the customer might interpret as a machine probem and call for Service. The new battery operated solder guns make it an easy and quick job and I still prefer to use some shrink wrap.

Custom Search