PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Image Problem

Custom Search

seniortech
10-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Does anyone know what may be causing this image problem I have on a C6500. I have posted an image showing the problem.The easiest way to see this is looking to the left of the white circle and 42nd on the image and you will see what appears to be a ghost image of the circle and 42nd. The print was coming out upside down so the ghost image is on the trailing edge. It happens on all types of media.

I have checked drums (by substitution) replaced transfer belt, transfer cleaning assy, chargers and erase lamps, all test prints run out ok. I have played with the fuser temperatures with no effect. The customer is only having problems with this one particular file so I am going to run it on another machine next week to see. changing the screening from line to dot etc again has no effect.

I still think this is an engine related fault, I just can't find it. I know some of you out there with more experience than me will probably know exactly what is causing this.

Many thanks
expand »

Stirton.M
10-22-2010, 11:31 PM
In tech rep, under process adjustment, select "Recall standard data", select factory and press yes.

Then back up one level to Drum Peculiarity Adj., select Automatic drum potential and Auto gamma adjustment.

That "should" help correct the issue.

seniortech
10-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Thanks Stirton. M

lLooks like you have seen this one before. Can you explain in a little detail what is causing the problem, Is it that residual current left on the drums is causing an electric (ghost) effect?

Stirton.M
10-23-2010, 11:14 PM
I am not certain what may be the ultimate cause...it could be simply hardware memory related, a quirk with the erase lamp, or as you posited, excess residual charge that the erase lamp might not have been able to deal with in one stroke.

Of course, this may not resolve your problem, it is just one of several approaches to correcting image issues...

Did you try this and did it correct the problem?

HORSE
10-24-2010, 12:58 AM
They will do that.

Similar to the old Transfer Ratio Trick.

seniortech
10-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks Horse

Already tried this...didn't work, have to visit this machine again probably in the middle of next week. Machine is a couple of hours drive away so I want to go well prepared with a firm action plan or parts to try and resolve the fault. What I an not prepared to do is just throw parts at the machine until the fault disappears! At the moment apart from what you and Stirton have both suggested I haven't a clue what I should do to try and reslove this fault. Going to get the file run out on another machine to check if the problem is with the file, but gut instinct tells me that this is engine related, other ideas or suggestions all greatfully received.

Many thanks

seniortech
10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Got the file tested on another machine today, came out perfect, I now know it's an engine fault

tervel12
10-27-2010, 02:27 AM
What is the distance between the image and the ghost image? Looks like about 58mm on my monitor, but not sure if your file was scanned at 100% or if it was enlarged/reduced.

Chromatik
10-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know what may be causing this image problem I have on a C6500. I have posted an image showing the problem.The easiest way to see this is looking to the left of the white circle and 42nd on the image and you will see what appears to be a ghost image of the circle and 42nd. The print was coming out upside down so the ghost image is on the trailing edge. It happens on all types of media.

I have checked drums (by substitution) replaced transfer belt, transfer cleaning assy, chargers and erase lamps, all test prints run out ok. I have played with the fuser temperatures with no effect. The customer is only having problems with this one particular file so I am going to run it on another machine next week to see. changing the screening from line to dot etc again has no effect.

I still think this is an engine related fault, I just can't find it. I know some of you out there with more experience than me will probably know exactly what is causing this.

Many thanks
expand »

unclear points here, it would be important to know what is the meaning of the direction of the posters here (Mainscan / Subscan?) also can see the whole image, an image appears unreliable.

In any case seems to have a problem with the stabilization control is so erase lamps do not work properly, if so after a certain number of impressions you would see this repeated throughout the image area.

Another question: is this the first Print? or what? is a copy or Print?.

Anyway banding of Halftoning has no relation to what this picture shows.

Herrmann
10-27-2010, 07:49 PM
how old are the drums? if they have too much mileage, they are getting "tired" , resulting in residual charge remainig on the drum

Custom Search