PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh CL4000DN Memory Replacement Problem

Custom Search

jsulliva
10-26-2010, 12:06 AM
I purchased 2 modules of 256 Mb used SODIMM (laptop) DDR memory for my Ricoh CL4000DN printer. Memory speed PC2100 which is what is in there now; Samsung brand (Ricoh has Samsung chips on it). I wanted to upgrade from standard 128 Mb.
When I powered it on, all the lights lit up and I never got a display in the window.
I put back in the Ricoh memory in the first slot and it turned on OK, but only recognized 128 Mb from the config page (and service mode display 58xx (can't remember right now)). Tried both sticks of memory in second slot and same behavior. So does it not like regular laptop memory or should I suspect I got 2 sticks of bad memory and get some more and try again?
Help please.
Thanks,
John

zed255
10-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Product Support Guide indicates only the second slot is for a memory upgrade, either 128MB or 256MB, 133MHz DDR SO-DIMM. The printer can come with either 128MB or 256MB as standard and supports up to 512MB. I don't see any reason why you can't take it to a full 512MB. There should be nothing special about the RAM, but like with some PC's one type of RAM plays with the other components and another type doesn't. I'd recommend buying new, if it doesn't work you can send it back ;).

PM sent.

Custom Search