PDA

View Full Version : C350 color scan issue (lime green!)

Custom Search

Rogueling
11-18-2010, 05:03 PM
I have a Bizhub C350 copier that I'm having a bit of a scan issue with. Whenever something is scanned with the color option, all the colors get screwy in the emailed pdf. Scanning with grayscale works fine.

All that text should be black. Possibly a color calibration issue? Copying works fine, with proper colors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tonerjockey.com
11-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Have you tried scanning in another format?
Is this a standard windows computer and software?
Has this ever scanned successfully?

Konica has a known issue on this but the solution is rather vague. Basically when the machine scans to a file, it uses untagged color, so the program that opens it does the interpretation. It is not managed color using an ICC profile. So if you are using a standard reader like adobe or even outlook, I wouldn't think you'd see this problem. Of course, it could be not related to the known issue.
So if you are using a standard application to open the PDF, then I would try scanning in another format to see if that changes anything. If not, I would flash it with the latest firmware.

TheOwl
11-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I have had this issue on a CF2002 which is basically the same as a C350.

Try cleaning the optics properly. I know is copies fine and only the scanning is the problem, but scanning documents for a copy as compared to scanning documents for a file use to different processes. This one had me stumped for ages and then another tech went along and cleaned the optics as general maintenance and everything was fine after that.

Custom Search