PDA

View Full Version : FS-2020D Error Code F615

Custom Search

HenryT2
11-19-2010, 08:32 PM
We had a FS-2020D come in for repair. Original problem was constant jams. Found the cause of jams was a small piece of paper wedged in the 'guide, feed up ' in the duplexer.

When cleared and could run an event log, I found several 6400 error codes at approximately 2K intervals. Then while running test prints, I got a " ERROR - POWER OFF F615 " error code. I could not find this code listed in the manual. After I power-cycled the printer and ran another event log: I found the following shown; F615 ; F46F ; and 6400 ; all at the same page count. Have any of you great techs had anything like this before, or any info on these codes?

I will update the firmware and run more test prints, and see if this helps.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

blackcat4866
11-19-2010, 10:48 PM
You won't find it in any manual.
cf615: Report Page Generator: USV_RPG_ERR_FACTOR_STREAM (Stream access error). Re-load firmware.
cf46F: PDL Interpreter: REN_INT_ERR_FACTOR_GENERAL (other general error). Re-load firmware.

I think its a consensus. Re-load firmware. =^..^=

DWise
11-22-2010, 05:04 PM
You won't find it in any manual.
cf615: Report Page Generator: USV_RPG_ERR_FACTOR_STREAM (Stream access error). Re-load firmware.
cf46F: PDL Interpreter: REN_INT_ERR_FACTOR_GENERAL (other general error). Re-load firmware.

I think its a consensus. Re-load firmware. =^..^=

Just curious, how did you come across it if it's not in a manual? :)

blackcat4866
11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm a member of a Kyocera only forum, and the subject of the "secret" cf codes has been a frequent topic of discussion. Why the hell would an MFP manufacturer have certain "engineering" error codes, then not tell anybody what they mean? =^..^=

HenryT2
11-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Just an up-date........After up-dating firmware, I ran about 300 sheets duplex and about 200 from cassette with no errors. Thanks for the input Blackcat.

Custom Search