PDA

View Full Version : Jamming 7045 J34-1 and J34-4 when face down

Custom Search

mrwho
11-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I've got this Konica 7045 that works perfectly when copying face up, but when I tell the copies to come out face down, it keeps jamming with the J34-1 and J34-4 codes. I suspect the one-way gears are at fault, and I've already ordered them, but I'm curious to know if someone else had this problem and what was the solution.

Cheers!

kingarthur
11-22-2010, 04:54 PM
It could just be the sensor in the exit assy needs cleaning, well not the actual sensor, if you undo the side arms so you can open up the exit completely, there is a small black "tab" if there is paper dust on this, then the m/c thinks that there is a piece of paper in there still & sometimes throws a misfeed code

mrwho
11-22-2010, 04:58 PM
It could just be the sensor in the exit assy needs cleaning, well not the actual sensor, if you undo the side arms so you can open up the exit completely, there is a small black "tab" if there is paper dust on this, then the m/c thinks that there is a piece of paper in there still & sometimes throws a misfeed code

Although I opened the exit completely and looked over it generally, cleaning and lubricating, maybe I missed that. I'll keep that in mind when I return there with the one-way gears.

Thanks.

tech51
11-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Sometimes the tab(exit actuater) sticks and doesnt return properly, this can cause this fault

dogsbody
11-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Your taking me back, the shaft that the actuator is on will sometimes rub on the small metal arms at the top of the exit assembly. You can reform the arms, file a bit out or replace them. you may see visible signs of wear or look from the rear when you close the door and you may see the arm get very close to the shaft. If it is really bad you will see the acuator stuck up when you move the finisher away. The oneways will also definatly give you problems so a good idea if you are replacing them.

Cheers.

mrwho
11-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Thank you all for your feedback. I seriously doubt the actuator is at fault because when doing faceup it works perfectly. But I'll put some WD40 on the extremities when I go there to replace the gears.

Cheers!

albasoul06
11-23-2010, 10:58 AM
J34-04 when copying face down.

CAUSE: The foam pad located on the guide material/upper (# 55GA48032) is overlapping the opening of paper exit actuator/A causing PS1 (exit sensor) to not be actuated properly.

SOLUTION: Reposition or replace the foam pad (# 55GA48410). The foam pad is used to 'silence' the paper exit actuator/A. The foam pad should not overlap the guide material/upper and should be installed to the edge of the plastic opening for paper exit actuator/A.

mrwho
11-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Solved!

It was the exit section's solenoid mounting plate (pn 40BA48300) that was deformed, causing the exit gate to slip off the lever. Took it out, reformed it, gave it a good beating for making me waste my time and screwed it back in place. Problem solved.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Custom Search