PDA

View Full Version : Pagescope documentation

Custom Search

mrwho
11-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Are there any Pagescope Enterprise Suite whitepapers? I'm still a little confused about some functionalities. If so, can someone share?

Cheers!

mrwho
11-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Okay, here's one: Pagescope Account Manager's Upper Limit feature can be configured to reset the user's counters weekly, montly, every three months and every six months. But my customer needs it to be reset only yearly - or not at all. So, is it possible to disable the automatic usage reset?

KenB
11-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Here's a link to the Pagescope downloads: Support & Drivers Search Results | Product Type: Application / Product: PageScope Enterprise Suite (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?producttypeid=20&productid=1085)

Maybe it will help. :D

mrwho
11-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks, Ken, but I already had those documents.

Now the customer complains that none of the users gets permission to copy/print, even though they didn't reach the upper limit.

I'm loosing my sanity over this software...

KenB
11-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks, Ken, but I already had those documents.

Now the customer complains that none of the users gets permission to copy/print, even though they didn't reach the upper limit.

I'm loosing my sanity over this software...

Sorry, my friend, but my experience with Pagescope is pretty much nil.

It's not something that we ever really dealt with.

Maybe another Copytechnet member can shed some more light on this.

mrwho
11-25-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm hoping on that. I've heard of people committing murder or suicide over much less. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Mr Spock
11-25-2010, 08:00 PM
I have not finished the training on this yet but the knowledge base has this comment on it

When updating firmware to version G00_R5, pagescope won't connect to authentication manager.
Description:
Pagescope won't connect to the authentication manager.
Solution:
After successful installation of firmware version G00_R5, you must go back into the MFP and enable the API-interface.

Select the following:

1. Administrator
2. System connection
3. Open API
4. Set access settings to Allow

Also this one
PageScope Authentication Manager not seeing device. Device is in PageScope Net Care Device Manager.
Description:
PageScope Authentication Manager not seeing device.
Solution:
CAUSE: Plug-in required.

SOLUTION: Remove device entirely from PageScope Net Care Device Manager. Apply plug-in (.JAR file) and discover device in Device Manager. Now Authentication Manager will see device.
Note: To download the required the plug-ins:
1. Use the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from the the KMBS public site (http://www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us (http://www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us/)), Service & Support tab.
2. Click on Drivers, MSDS & Solutions Software in the left frame.
3. Select a Product Group (Solutions) and then a Product (PageScope Net Care Device Manager). A File Type and OS are optional selections.
4. Click on → Show.
5. All product-related downloads are listed with the most current at the top of each category.

Stirton.M
11-26-2010, 03:16 AM
I think this should be required training for us field techs, so that we are at least familiar with these less used features. It is an exercise in frustration to be stumped on such things when a customer asks for help.

mrwho
11-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Well, OpenAPI is enabled on all devices (C450 and C252) and PSES can see and manage all devices. Account Manager successfuly counts every user's prints and copies. It's when I configure the upper limits to block the users when the upper limit is reached that all hell breaks loose - suddenly all users get the message that they have no more allowance left, even though none of them reached it yet.

It gets even stranger - some users who can't take out black copies can, however, take color copies - irregardless of their color limit being reached or not.

I've updated PSES to the latest version yesterday (it was 2.0000 and now is 2.01000 or something) and reflashed all the machine's firmware - without success.

I'm loosing my hair on this one! I used to think this is a fine piece of software, but I'm starting to change my mind now.

mrwho
11-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Please? Pretty Please? Pretty please with sugar? Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top?

Come on, guys! I'm begging here!

Stirton.M
11-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Sorry, meant to look into this, but got caught up in other matters....namely doing that Press C8000 course.....fantastic stuff that machine on day 1....

But I digress...manuals on all pagescope that I am aware of for user end....

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4623&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

and there might be additional documentation here....this is an upper menu, as there are a couple PS folders (old and new), and some assorted folders that may have what you are looking for.

http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=844&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC

mrwho
11-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks! Will look into it! ;)

mrwho
11-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Well, Stirton, that was useful for a couple of other things, but about PSES it added nothing new, and mentioned nothing about my problem.

Thanks anyway, though.

Stirton.M
11-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Sorry man....unfortunately I am unaware of anything else that you can look at.

mrwho
11-30-2010, 11:51 PM
No problem, thanks for the effort anyway!

Cheers!

Custom Search