PDA

View Full Version : fsc5300dn

Custom Search

shep
12-03-2010, 12:36 AM
customer has had this unit for a few months and complained the other day about it rolling her envelopes. this was not the main reason for the call though. i wanted to know if anyone has experienced this and if there is any fix or just live with it. thanks Mitch

blackcat4866
12-03-2010, 03:09 AM
I seem to recall an envelope pressure setting for the fuser. =^..^=

DWise
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
There is an Envelope Switch that needs to be slid into "Envelope Mode"... check the Advanced Operation Guide and search for "Envelope Switch" if you're not familiar with it.

The manual states that 'Envelopes cannot be printed in paper mode. When printing plain paper while the envelope mode is selected, the printing speed and quality will lower than in paper mode. Envelopes should always be fed from the MP tray, with the print-side down. If you use envelopes quite often, we recommend to use optional paper feeder PF-510"

Hope this helps...

madas
12-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi, there is a green slide switch on the fuser for envelopes.
open front cover its on the right side of the fuser.

madas

shep
12-23-2010, 10:17 PM
you are all very correct i showed the customer and it solved her problem.. thanks guys. Merry Christmas, its now vacation time. :-)

DWise
12-23-2010, 10:20 PM
you are all very correct i showed the customer and it solved her problem.. thanks guys. Merry Christmas, its now vacation time. :-)

Glad you got it fixed! Merry Christmas to you as well!

madas
12-25-2010, 04:05 AM

Merry xmas to you, Have a great holiday as it all starts again next year LOL

Custom Search