PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c35

Custom Search

blazebusiness
12-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm considering beginning to sell the bizhub model C35 as an MFP solution to various clients. Wanted some feedback as to the strengths and weaknesses of this box prior to selling them. Any thoughts positive or negative much appreciated-----Blaze

Stirton.M
12-07-2010, 11:09 PM
My answer is, DON'T.

These small things may have some reliability, but they are nothing but a tech nightmare. You are better off selling an old C350 IMHO, and I hate C350s.

bizhub1
12-07-2010, 11:27 PM
We have about 10 of these out their so far and have not had a problem with a one, we also have a bunch of the earlier c20's and they have ran good also. Most of them are chargeable so the customer pays for all consumables and labor. I do agree with Stirton though, most of these small AIO's are a pain in the ass to work on.

mascan42
12-08-2010, 12:23 AM
I haven't seen any problems with them yet, and the sales guys really seem to be pushing them. The only possible issue I see is they've been out for a total of 3 months, and they've already had 2 firmware updates. That makes me think they might have rushed these out the door before they were ready.

Stirton.M
12-08-2010, 01:40 AM
There are many units that have several firmware updates, the C360 has been around just over a year, it has 11 versions of base software, and some 36 versions of special.

As a matter of fact, while looking, this model has been out since July...and it currently has 7 versions of base firmware, 3 versions of special firmware.

You have to keep in mind that there is not one manufacturer out there that has released a product that does not have patches following release. Not all firmware releases are critical. Some fix problems that the user would not even be aware of, others fix minor issues that only some users may encounter.

The C35s work ok, they are just a pain in the butt to service beyond consumable replacement.

CBSChico
12-09-2010, 12:18 AM
my dealership has really started pushing these to fairly low volume customers. we prefer they be in accounts running less than 3,000 Mono and 1,000 Color per month, otherwise, it would wear the machine down fast and not be cost effective at all to the customer. Konica came in and pumped us up on this box and so far, for the size, im reasonably impressed and we havent had any problems...yet

Stirton.M
12-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Ya, that's the clincher...these are meant for low volume environments. I think there is another thread around here with someone complaining about having memory issues on a C20 or something like that...its not memory issues, they simply have far too many users trying to push through print jobs that are simply too much for these little things. It gets tiring trying to deal with users like that.

CBSChico
12-09-2010, 12:26 AM
the bizhub C35 is DEFINITELY NOT the C20. I phased out all of my C20s after customers wanted to hunt me down.
the C35 seems to process environments of up to 10 workstations pretty well as long as multiple users are not trying to print 100 pages at a time. For a small office with 3-5 users with volumes under 3,000 / month, works great and it gets them away from HP AiO machines

Stirton.M
12-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Ya, yer right about that....its all about market share, and I guess it is advantageous to push even the little guys for that extra gain. But like I said, I am not a fan of them on the service side. I like production machines too much...easier to work on, oddly enough...

Custom Search