PDA

View Full Version : C5500 Pro Scanning Help

Custom Search

noober
12-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Searched the forum find nothing about scanning problem. i have the printer for year and never used the scanner. now when i use this morning to scan a picture and the quality is kind of washed out and some areas are blurry. comparing the other printer C203 is way much higher quality out put. any one have same problem? needed help desperately, thanks!

ebm
12-08-2010, 01:32 AM
have yu cleaned the optical mirrors? dusty or hazy mirrors can cause image scanning problems.

KenB
12-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I'm fairly certain that there is a calibration function for scanning (proper test chart required).

Stirton.M
12-08-2010, 01:48 AM
yep, scan calibration is one step, as is cleaning the mirrors (should be done before calibration). Scan calibration is almost never done, this machine was meant to be more a printer, not a copier. Scan calibration is usually done to aid in calibrating the fiery controller using the Kodak colourcal strip.

That said, how the document is scanned in is just as important. Check your scan settings.

And keep in mind, this is just a 600DPI scanner...so quality is not going to be on par with the original.

noober
12-08-2010, 02:07 AM
well I've done this before with Konica's Tech on site with no solutions, because there was no need to use the scanner at the time that's why i ignored the problem. but now my C203 Printer is down and i gotta use this C5500 scanner. I did clean both the glass and the lens with lint free cloth and same quality is just bad. see sample scan for yourself to see the difference

or from imageshack

ImageShack Album - 2 images (http://img801.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=samplescanc5500.jpg)

same setting for both printer

300dpi
default setting

file:///Z:/BizhubC5500/Sample%20scan%20c5500.jpgfile:///Z:/BizhubC5500/Sample%20scan%20C203.jpg

Stirton.M
12-08-2010, 03:15 AM
As I said, this machine was not meant to be a photocopier or for that matter, scanner, in spite of it having that option.

But read chapter 9 of your user manual, which is in paperback format and also found on the CD, or you can download it from KM websites. It will describe what settings you can use to adjust for the best output in copy mode. The same settings should also apply to scanned documents.

Custom Search