PDA

View Full Version : Thanks guys I got the 3rd cassette to start working, but

Custom Search

galumina
12-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys I got the 3rd cassette to start working. But it broke my 34t gear (paper lift gear) and I think it is due to alignment of the gears to the paper platten. Does anyone have any info on this? thanks

mrwho
12-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks guys I got the 3rd cassette to start working. But it broke my 34t gear (paper lift gear) and I think it is due to alignment of the gears to the paper platten. Does anyone have any info on this? thanks

I never heard of anything like that (which doesn't mean it can't happen, mind you). Couldn't it be that you had a weakened gear that broke when you fixed whatever was the initial problem?

galumina
12-09-2010, 06:35 PM
No that gear along with 2 other gears were brand new. What happened the paper platten went up and even though it reached the top the motor kept driving the paper platten up which broke my 34t gear it happened really fast. That is why I feel there is an alignment even though the paper empty/full sensor seams to be working fine. There are a couple of gears with hubs that bypass photo sensors.

minimerlin
12-09-2010, 07:30 PM
There should be a sensor in the machine that tells the tray lift to stop when the paper is at the top...sounds like yours is not working, maybe the actuator is broken off, I have had this happen in the past.

pepper38_cnd
12-10-2010, 11:58 AM
If this problem occurred after you serviced the DB. Note it is very important that you disconnect the ribbon cable before trying to remove the paper drawer. If you made any attempt to remove the drawer without first disconnecting the ribbon cable, then the cable is probably damaged and causing your issue.

galumina
12-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks again guys it turns out the logic board was the culprit. Tray number 3 is working great I really appreciate your help.

Custom Search