PDA

View Full Version : FS-1028 partial blank copies

Custom Search

Jeff M.
12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Just sold a FS-1028 (W/ADF) about 2 weeks ago, customer called and said occasionally will only copy top 1/4 of page, the rest is blank. Seems to be after sitting idle for awhile, and only 1st copy does this, following copies are fine. Tried to see if it happens on both ADF and glass, but worked fine for me on both. Anyone run into this? Thanks.... Jeff M.

blackcat4866
12-12-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't have any of these, but it sounds like transfer loss to me. =^..^=

KenB
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
If this is happening in the feed direction, it could be something as silly as a developer clutch that's intermittently slipping.

I got burned by that on a Canon machine more than a few years ago.

NeoMatrix
12-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Just sold a FS-1028 (W/ADF) about 2 weeks ago, customer called and said occasionally will only copy top 1/4 of page, the rest is blank. Seems to be after sitting idle for awhile, and only 1st copy does this, following copies are fine. Tried to see if it happens on both ADF and glass, but worked fine for me on both. Anyone run into this? Thanks.... Jeff M.

Overnight moisture in the transfer roller .

madas
12-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Hi, I know of a tech who had similar on a FS-1128 only from the platen. very random no real pattern to the problem.
updated firmware and reseated all the connectors he could to do with the scanner. This was only last week but we have not had any more calls about it. if we do i will post.

madas

Jeff M.
12-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Found the problem!! If you have the ADF open, put the original on the glass, press the print key then close the ADF, when the ADF switch is activated, it stops scanning, so you will only get a partial copy. The customer showed me examples, some were 1/4/ copies, some were 1/2, some were 1/3. Random lenghts. If you close the ADF before hitting the print key, works fine. Thanks to Maincharge....... Appreciate everyone's replies. Regards.... Jeff M.

blackcat4866
12-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Good to know. Thanks for sharing your solution. =^..^=

MadCityCopy
12-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Copytechnet.......getting more resolution follow ups then Kyocera.

Custom Search