PDA

View Full Version : KMBS is worlds different than what I remember

Custom Search

Miket2424
12-24-2010, 06:30 PM
I was a Konica tech until 05, and just recently I visited a KMBS machine to assess through my business. Man, has the serviceability gone downhill it seems. I tried to remove the paper feed rollers assy., and could not budge it. The Konica machines I remember had 1 screw holding them!

All I can say is, I feel for you KMBS techs out there.

ptrflrs
12-24-2010, 07:36 PM
i keep hearing konicas and minoltas before the buyout/merge were easier, i was on the minolta side so i thought after the merge that serviceability and tech friendlines went down because of konica but my buddy is on the konica side and says the opposite. i do remember some of the first hybrid low/mid volume b/w km machines were horrible to work on, though. regardless of ur point of view the newer km machines seem less friendly to work on. i just started working on ricohs about 3 years ago and find them more logical and easier to work on, newer mid and upper volume models, that is.

fixthecopier
12-24-2010, 10:54 PM
This is of course one techs opinion. The Konica Minolta machines made today are beefy. They do not just fall apart. I also work on Ricoh. The Ricoh is made to come apart real easy. I still like the Konica, seems to be better built.

mrwho
12-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I also work on both brands, although I'm more used to Konica machines. The "fall-apartability" depends on the models, but, to me, Ricoh wins on the lower and middle segments and KM wins on the upper segments.

On the "serviceability" side, curiously, I also consider Ricohs to be better on the lower and middle segments, and KM on the upper segment - but Ricoh is a close second on the upper segment when talking about servicing.

Stirton.M
12-26-2010, 10:29 AM
I never worked on other brands outside of Minolta and more recently Konica Minolta...I have to say, I would rather work on the KM hybrids than the older Minoltas...and like fixthecopier says, these machines are built well. They can sometimes be a pain to work on if you need to get to the inner areas, but thankfully, I have found that is a rarity. Replacing feed tires and such...a bit of work on some models, but when they last for 50K prints and more, that is not an issue. The production machines, I LOVE working on those relative to the office machines....the machines I despise the most are those little desktop things posing as mfps but are really a tech nightmare...I had the pleasure once of working on a C10...I refuse to touch them now...complete garbage IMHO.

Stirton.M
12-26-2010, 10:34 AM
I was a Konica tech until 05, and just recently I visited a KMBS machine to assess through my business. Man, has the serviceability gone downhill it seems. I tried to remove the paper feed rollers assy., and could not budge it. The Konica machines I remember had 1 screw holding them!

All I can say is, I feel for you KMBS techs out there.

Which model were you having trouble with? And which tray? Most are built the same, typically need to remove the two plastic covers on each side of the feed, remove a couple screws holding the unit in place on each side and the whole feed assembly comes out in one...unplug the connector and enjoy the puzzle.

For me, I like stuff like this...

Especially when the layman customers see what is involved...makes us look good. :cool:

pepper38_cnd
12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Without Training and Experience: A Simple task becomes Difficult, A Difficult task becomes Complicated, and a Complicated task can seem Impossible! Yes things tend to change but usually for the better. Changing feed tires on most KonicaMinolta equipment is not a difficult task for those who have seen it done before.

Morlock49
12-27-2010, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=Stirton.M;188655............the machines I despise the most are those little desktop things posing as mfps but are really a tech nightmare...I had the pleasure once of working on a C10...I refuse to touch them now...complete garbage IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you on this machine. I hate it with a passion.... As service manager I now use my powers in a totally selfish manner and give it to the techs to do. And they know I refuse to work on them lol.

eg101
12-27-2010, 02:13 PM
If you think changing feed rollers on KM's is easy you never have replaced the rollers on tray 2 of a Bizhub 200/350.

mrwho
12-27-2010, 02:17 PM
If you think changing feed rollers on KM's is easy you never have replaced the rollers on tray 2 of a Bizhub 200/350.

What about the rollers for the 7020's first tray? When you have to remove the drum and developing units to change a tray's feed rollers, then something's not right.

CraigW
12-27-2010, 03:08 PM
I like the disassembly section added after the merger (legacy Konica) I find it quite helpful when uncertain.

Agree with the tray 1 on the Konica 7020 series, it is easier yet if you remove the fuser.

Millennium
12-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Which model were you having trouble with? And which tray? Most are built the same, typically need to remove the two plastic covers on each side of the feed, remove a couple screws holding the unit in place on each side and the whole feed assembly comes out in one...unplug the connector and enjoy the puzzle.

For me, I like stuff like this...

Especially when the layman customers see what is involved...makes us look good. :cool:

The C10 is the worst built box I have seen in a while. The stupid rotating IU carriage, and transfer belt positioning. Even the way the damn thing opens confuses most customers.

Custom Search