PDA

View Full Version : Di470 Double Sided Scan

Custom Search

RyanPacific
12-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I have a Di470 and when I use the scanner on auto-size, single sided, the doc feeder will move the paper through as if it were double sided and when the scan is saved it has only the single side. When I choose the paper size it only scans the one side like it is supposed to. Any ideas how to fix this? Duplexing the paper in the doc feeder when I want a single side scan seems like a lot of extra wear and tear.

Hansoon
12-29-2010, 06:34 AM
This behavior is unfortunately standard in this copier and cannot be changed.

Hans

RyanPacific
12-29-2010, 04:30 PM
That is unfortunate. Is there any official documentation about this? I need to be able to prove this to my customer and my manager.

Hansoon
12-29-2010, 05:49 PM
From Minolta Bulletins. All are called "solutions", a little hidden in the wording by the Masters of Subterfuges:

-----
Solution ID TAUS0648367EN* Solution Usage 1
Description
When scanning with the Pi4700e, single-sided documents are scanned twice in the EDH.
Solution
CAUSE: Incorrect setting.
SOLUTION: When scanning with the Pi4700e select "single sided" and also select the paper size, instead of leaving it set to "auto."

-----
And this you will need surely soon too:
-------

Solution ID TAUS0634437EN* Solution Usage 2
Description
When scanning with the controller, can the default setting for TIFF/PDF be set to PDF? Can the default resolution be changed?
Solution
It is not possible to change the scanning default for the Pi4700e, Pi5501, or Pi5500. PDF must be selected manually to scan in PDF format. The default
scanning resolution cannot be changed.
Note: To change the resolution for an individual job, press the clear button and then entering the desired resolution.
------

The connectivity is a little clunky compared to modern machines but otherwise a good machine.

Hans

Custom Search