PDA

View Full Version : IU 610K DV drop

Custom Search

remati
12-30-2010, 10:20 PM
..-Hello people

some information, about problems with the units IU 610 K. black image k (C451/C650).
The developer, dropped out of the units.
Thanks,and... Happy New Year

rasman67
12-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Where is the developer dropping onto if it is on the paper check HV1

remati
12-30-2010, 11:09 PM
...-No....., the problem is much bigger ...
the developer exits the unit , and falls within the machine and over the laser unit..

rocky246
12-30-2010, 11:28 PM
There was a retrofit for that problem. Konicaminolta had a bracket that you install to hold the imaging unit in place. It will lose the bias contact and dump developer out. Bulletin # 7370 and # 7461. Depends on wether you install the IU's or the end user.

mascan42
12-31-2010, 12:16 AM
There was a retrofit for that problem. Konicaminolta had a bracket that you install to hold the imaging unit in place. It will lose the bias contact and dump developer out. Bulletin # 7370 and # 7461. Depends on wether you install the IU's or the end user.
I prefer the one with the cushion. It's easier and cheaper.

spock
12-31-2010, 02:00 AM
yup i prefer adding pressure to the clip also. However i have seen all methods done including adding conductive grease and a machine still manages to dump its dev so are a few issues at work. Man do they make a mess also and wreck so many other things :( countless machines we have had to remove all the feed clutches and clean them out. We have also had a worm drive motor on the back of the machines strip out from dev on the gears.

Stirton.M
12-31-2010, 06:48 AM
In tray two, under a small cover that houses the cleaning wand, there are a few strips of pads. I take one, cut it into small squares and stick those onto the existing rubber pads of the lever. For the black, I double up with the layer. I've heard of the same issue with the colour units, but have yet to see this myself.

The bias connections in the back can become oxidized from electrical arcing created by the intermittent connection...though I do not know for certain if it makes any difference, giving those pins inside a scuff with emery paper before replacing the IU back in I am told helps.

EarthKmTech
01-01-2011, 03:20 AM
none of the repairs have made any difference for our high volume machines. They still fail like clockwork.

On a side note, the separated developer unit and drum system in the 452 552 652 isn't really any better, those dev units fail all the time too, but not so catastrophically. The colour IU's fail in the same manner as those on the infamous c450 too, when used heavily.

KEVIN900
01-01-2011, 08:55 AM
I had this developer dumping issue on a C451 recently. Copies looked like ass. And what a mess. My plan was a new Black IU, and the metal bracket, since our customers don't change Image Units. My vacuum couldn't clean the mess in the laser unit effectively, and disassembling the machine enough to get it as clean as I thought it needed looked daunting, to say the least. My solution was to strip down a highlighter marker I found near-by,then electric-tape the hollowed-out highlighter shaft to my vacuum nozzle. It fit down in there perfectly. Got every last bit. I've showed off this trick to all my fellow techs at the office. I felt like McGuyver. I recommend using the rubber-ish pad if the customer changes the units, and the bracket, if they don't.

mrwho
02-02-2011, 11:19 AM

Could you share that info with us? Or the modification pn?

Cheers!

CraigW
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
It is simply an L shaped metal bracket that is held with a single screw. The bracket holds inward tension on the K IU.

Lock Plate = A00JP33100
Pad = 4004 1829 02

A real mess to clean the properly after they dump.

Mr.Mel
05-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Has anyone had this problem after fitting the mod'd bracket? I have had a couple fail even after fitting the mod'd bracket, I have cleaned all the contacts and checked the toner seal at the front in case any toner was leaking into the main charge, causing a short and upsetting the dev bias, it all looks ok.

Custom Search