PDA

View Full Version : HP 5550 jams out of the tray

Custom Search

Scott_Lewis
06-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Just had a look at a unit that is jamming at the full width vertical paper guide where the paper is leaving the paper tray. The paper is getting caught on the forward/front 'teeth' of the guide. I can think of two things that might be happening; paper is skewing coming out of the tray or the right transport roller/idler is holding back the paper.

The only thing I see out of the ordinary is the takeup/feed rollers are not level. The appear to have been bent so they tilt such that only the edge of the rollers are in contact with the paper.

So far I've only had a relatively brief look at the unit while standing on my head to try and see what is going on. I told them I would have to take the unit into the shop to do any more.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of problem or ideas? BTW, when I got to the unit, the paper guides were set for longer paper than what was in the printer. I believe the paper lift motor was overdriving the tray at some point.

Rick Martinez
01-28-2013, 08:39 PM
check that the toner cart. flap opens when you close the tranfer belt unit. some times the gudes that close the flaps break.

JustManuals
01-28-2013, 08:45 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

prntrfxr
01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
The components for paper path problems for this machine are as follows:

Paper cassette, p/u asm, transfer belt (mostly duplex issues), cartridge shutters, and fuser/exit flag areas.

Paper cassette operates with both tray 1 (mp tray) and tray 2, but from different paths. For tray 2 the rollers to the rear + pu asm rollers feed the paper. For tray 1 there is a mp roller and pad, that controls pick up. Are you having problems from both trays? or just one? Try to rule out the tray, secondly the p/u asm. It is not likely the cartridge if the paper is not fully vertical, but is happening in the bend. You can check it, anyway, by slowly raising and lowering the T-belt while watching the cartridges open and close. Unless the paper is reaching the fuser it is unlikely the fuser. My guess is it is either the paper cassette or the p/u asm.

From the diagnostics menu you can trip the interlock switches and leave the door open while testing it (t-belt has to be closed), to help you troubleshoot.

Custom Search