PDA

View Full Version : KATUN aftermarket parts?

Custom Search

nightshade
06-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Does anyone else use Katun as a supplier of parts. Rollers, gears, heat rollers, drums etc...

If so, how are the heat rollers and drums holding up for you.

Any issues?

Please let me know that I'm not alone in my woes!!!!!

dbrownlee
06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Fuser rollers work fine in all my machines. I only use the Katun brand drums in Toshibas, they work fine there. Konica, kyocera, I only use OEM. Feed tire seem all right in everything except Toshiba- Katuns wear out way to fast. Other brands seem to be all right. Pre-strung corona wires- work fine in Toshiba, last at least as long as oem, the konica 7022 main wire though- I have yet to have one go much more than 50k copies, whether oem or katun, whether or not the customer keeps the wire clean as recommended, or ignores it completely, or somwhere in between. All in all, pretty satisfied with Katun. Only use oem toner and developer in an machine, though.

Wild Bill
06-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Does anyone else use Katun as a supplier of parts. Rollers, gears, heat rollers, drums etc...

Any issues?

It sounds as you are having problems with some Katun stuff. Tell me which ones. I have had good luck with Katun. The heat rollers and drums and the blades. No probems here. Let me know which supplies you are having problems with. Thanks

06-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Katun has great fuser rollers. They have always been as good or better then OEM and the pricing isn't bad either.

Most of their organic drums are OK.

Drum blades and seals are hit and miss, I stick w/OEM since the price is pretty close.

I think their feed tires suck, sometimes the work great but many time they don't. I hate callbacks to replace brand new DF tires. I pay a little extra and stick w/OEM for all my rubber.

I also stay away from toner for color and mono-component machines.

PS. 85% of my base is Kyocera equipment.

nightshade
06-18-2007, 01:42 AM
Drums and heat rollers for the Tigers, Jupiters, Dragons and Cougars really suck. Sometimes life is 10% of OEM.

Thats Sharp.

Konica 7055 on up to 7085 heat rollers are also failing miserably.

arriva1
06-25-2007, 12:43 AM
I use alot of Katun supplies. Most have been pretty good. The fuser rollers for the toshiba E-550,650,&810 suck I haven't had one last for more than 100k. The coating starts wearing off after 20 to 30k. I have been using OEM lately and not had any problems.
The toner for the E550 sucks too or at least the container sucks. The copy quality looks ok but the toner leaks all over the place. I have had several discussions with them about it and they know about the problem. They keep telling me the problem is corrected and it happens again so I finally gave up and went with OEM. Its a shame because there is a big difference in price.

T6895
06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Our Katun fuser rollers work just fine.I stay away from there drums on our color units.

cboucher
06-25-2007, 11:23 PM

Any issues?

We use Katun drums for some of our Kyocera Mita machines. There are a couple of models that we only put OEM drums in due to poor performance of the Katuns (Ai4040/5050, KM-4230/5230 machines definitely do NOT like Katun drums).

Custom Search