PDA

View Full Version : bh c250 no print from win7

Custom Search

barratec
01-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi everyone! I cannot print to the machine from a notebook with windows 7 (64bit). The printed page remains in the spooler window, and the machine doesn't do anything. All the other clients are with windows Xp and there's no printing problem.
The win7 driver is 64 bit and is the last version. The notebook can ping the machine, the port setting is correct (raw 9100) and i tried to print with lpr too withut results. I tried to print with a generic HP color driver too with the same results.
I think the machine firmware needs to be updated but i can't find the last firmware files. Someone can sends me the firmware update? thanks in advance
My email is : barratec@tiscali.it

knpgazem
01-20-2011, 10:18 PM
I had the same fault with a C550 (i realise these are very different MFDs) on 64 bit, i tried everything. latest FW, LPR printing, PSWC Printing, HP drivers. Nothing worked.

as a last resort i performed a search for any printers on the network (using 'add a printer') and funnily enough, it found the C550 as if the queue was being shared from a PC, however it was being hosted by the MFD itself. i connected to this discovered queue and tested a print. viola!! it worked straight away.

I tested this on another 64bit win7 pc, just in case it was a fluke, but this pc worked in the same way.

the new queue had automatically interogated the mfd for config options (finisher, trays etc).

i have never come across this before but hope that it is standard in the future.

Custom Search