PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C5501 colour differences

Custom Search

artichap
01-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi All

Recently took delivery of a C5501 and still trying to find my way around.

When printing from the bypass tray on thick (100lb cover gloss card), if I re-feed the same card through to print the second side and it contains the same colour, often the colour is not the same. I know that when duplexing machines are designed to make an adjustment for this (or so I am told), what about when manually duplexing? Is there some other setting I should be using especially if using stock that cannot be duplexed?

Or is this just a issue with digital printing two sides?

Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Artichap

Stirton.M
01-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Printing on both sides can be problematic, depending on what is being printed and to the paper type being used.

The 2nd transfer makes no distinction when printing single sided and flipping the card to do the second side, so automatic adjustment to compensate is not present for this, that and the paper will tend to have considerably reduced moisture content when it goes through the fusing unit, which changes the dielectric coefficient characteristics of the paper. When doing duplex on lighter stocks, the machine adjusts as best it can for that variance to correct the toner coverage.

There are adjustments available to "tweak" the value, but this can get tedious to change if you do this kind of printing often.

Light copies and prints (low density).
Solution
CAUSE: An increase in toner charge in developer under a low humidity environment, or a decrease of developing ability due to too high or too low coverage
prints.
SOLUTION: Adjust Developer AC Bias and/or Developer AC Frequency. To adjust Developer AC Bias and/or Developer AC Frequency perform the following:
1. Enter service mode.
2. Select Process Adjustment.
3. Select Process Fine Adjustment.
4. Select Developer AC Bias Fine adjustment. Increase the adjustment value for the color needing an increase in density.
Note : If white spotting occurs decrease the adjustment value of Developer AC Bias Fine adjustment.
5. Select Return.
6. Select Developer AC Frequency Adjustment.
7. Decrease the adjustment value to increase the density.
Note : If background occurs, increase the adjustment value.
8. Select Return.
9. Exit Service Mode

Custom Search