PDA

View Full Version : HP LJ 8150/8100

Custom Search

otuvak
01-27-2011, 10:47 PM
8140Here is an example of what we are seeing! Just want to know if anyone else has seen this and what they did to fix it! Tried replacing fuser 3 different times. Did half test and is not from toner cartridge. Also tried just replacing press roller and had no effect.

blackcat4866
01-28-2011, 02:15 AM
My guess? That's the laser main scan direction. My guess is that the laser diode is failing, but it could be some other component in the laser unit. =^..^=

JustManuals
01-28-2011, 02:22 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest collection of manuals | Instant Downloads - Just Manuals | The Internet's largest collection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

prntrfxr
01-28-2011, 12:59 PM
I think it may be the transfer roller as it is a repeating pattern and it is small. If it was laser scanner, on this machine (prints landscape), it would be from leading edge to trailing edge. Clean the contacts really good too and make sure that you vacuum/wipe up any dumped toner.

Rick Martinez
01-28-2011, 05:32 PM
I have to agree with prntrfxr, the transfer roller and contacts. I seen that before, replacing the trans roller and cleaning the cpntacts worked for me.

otuvak
01-30-2011, 12:17 AM
I have tried different transfer roller and scanner. Same exact results of lines in the exact same spots! When I do the half test the lines are not there until after fuser. We are not getting the same thing on an 8100. Thinking that the toner is to rich or thick. trying different toner on monday to test theory. Also changed setting on plain paper to high 1 and high 2 didnt make a diference. Adjusted toner density that was at 3 to each setting. Was there any firmware that bumped up fuser temps...etc. Thanks for reading and the ideas everyone.

prntrfxr
01-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Where are you getting your fusers? Also, it may be the LVPS as there is a weakness with it on this machine. But it could also be a DC controller issue as Thermistor voltages are regulated by it.

Rick Martinez
01-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Have you check the pressure on the fuser rollers?

otuvak
02-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Turned out being the toner!!!!!!!!!! Toner much be too dense and would not fuse it all to paper!!!!!!! Put HP cartridge in and problem dissappeared..........LMI! Thank you everyone! I did try two other LMI's and didnt show up in the half test>>>>>>

blackcat4866
02-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Are these compatible cartridges or OEM? Either way, very strange. =^..^=

otuvak
02-03-2011, 01:16 AM
compatibles

blackcat4866
02-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I'd try an OEM cartridge first, before spending a lot of time trying to fix anything. =^..^=

CanonHPTech
02-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Just remember.... that everyone and their mom's makes HP toner cartridges since they are so popular and that's where the money is. Only a small percentage of companies make good ones and only a portion of the one's they make work 100% or last to their rated life. When it comes to HP's, check the toner first. I have made this mistake before and I lived to regret it.

Custom Search