PDA

View Full Version : bh600 cleaner build-up

Custom Search

acsolutions
02-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Hello,
I have a bizhub 600 that about a month ago I had replaced the drum and blade. I got a call back for dumping toner two weeks later . removed the drum and blade and found build-up of toner, at first I thought the auger tube was not in place with the developer ( I did not check this when I removed the drum/cleaner unit) so I had check the drive to the cleaner and watched and made sure the toner was being augered to the developer unit and everything looked fine. On friday I got the same complaint that it was doing it again. I vacuumed out the unit again and watched, yes it was driving the toner just fine. I cannot see anything mechanically wrong, any suggestions?

minimerlin
02-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Is the drive clutch on the back of the unit working ?

acsolutions
02-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Yes, I think so when I interlock the front cover and run copies I can see the gears drive, and I lift the nozzle that goes to the developer I can see toner being dispensed to the developer unit. I guess the clutch drives the auger if so the clutch is operating.

longshot0127
02-06-2011, 03:28 AM
If everything is working correctly it could possibly be the a grounding/bias issue between the drum or the the developer unit. you can use a paper clip to ground out the developer mag roller. Sometime if the unit is not getting a good ground due to poor contacts the unit will continually drop.

acsolutions
02-06-2011, 04:49 AM
the dev. bias being bad will cause the cleaning unit to fill up? I guess the drum ground is the drum shaft, but won't that cause backgrounding ? machine has no copy quality issues until the cleaning area fills up!

bizhub1
02-06-2011, 01:00 PM
When you replaced the drum and blade, did you also replace the toner guide roller inside the cleaner unit? and if so did the gear and bias pin get put back in place?

longshot0127
02-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I was trying to find the document that I read about the paper clip trick but I haven't located it yet. If the image quality doesn't have a gray background I the developer mag roller was causing the issue. However, it did come a across the the information that made several other suggestions.

Toner spilling from cleaning unit. The toner recycling screw is not functioning due to a corrupted NVRAM

Toner density is high.
Check the developing magnet angle again and adjust it if necessary, Clean the toner recycle section, drum peripherals and paper feed path.

acsolutions
02-06-2011, 08:18 PM
yes, the cleaning screw is operating,and the toner density is fine! no I didn't check or replace the toner guide roller but I wonder if It found it's way out of place. I think I'll replace that roller and clean the contacts to make sure everything is in place. Thanks Guy's for your feedback!

KM_Service
02-08-2011, 11:25 PM
motor on back of IU drives the auger can fail causing the auger not to rotate consistently.
I've replaced this on a ouple of occasions and has solved the toner build up issue behind the c\bl

acsolutions
02-09-2011, 12:26 AM
KM_Service, Do you mean the clutch or motor? If it's the clutch, I was thinking of replacing it. Possibly intermittent drive. what do you think? Thanks

KM_Service
02-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I'd prob go for both, I've salvaged a few from dead / scrapped machines and its done the trick

KonMan
02-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Generic supplies commonly cause this. Vacuum machine, adjust Dip Switch 23 1 and 2 set to 1. (Adds less toner)

Techno10
02-09-2011, 03:03 AM
By default the clutch drive for toner recycle is set to turn on every so often. If you interlock the front door while making copies and watch the front it will only turn every 50 copies or so. You can changed the dip switches to rotate every time you make a copy. Change the dip switches to 27-1-0, 27-5-1, 27-6 -0. I have had the same problem on my machines and this will stop the build up.

acsolutions
02-09-2011, 05:01 AM
I interlock the front cover and while the machine is making copies the toner recycle drive is constantly running. I also noticed the developer looked a little full, I think it might be adding to much to the dev. unit and backing up. I did not see this on the previous calls. Is there a condition that might cause to much toner to be added to the developer? I had another dev. unit in my car and replaced it. I didn't notice if the customer was using generic toner but a great suggestion!

acsolutions
02-17-2011, 03:53 AM
KonMan, can you check you dip switch settings, I think the setting are 23-2 and 3 not 23- 1 and 2. 23-1 says operation when printer EKC does not match. 23-2 and 3 say standard value for the speed of the developer/photo conductor system. is this what your talking about? I dont understand what the speed of the dev./drum does to adding toner. are you sure it's not dipSW 27.

KM_Service
02-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Replace Clutch.
If you don't have the part strip an clean the mechanism

acsolutions
02-20-2011, 08:31 PM
I replaced the whole processing assy. which includes the cleaner, clutch and dev. assy. and it's doing the same thing. They are using generic toner, so i'm going to replace the developer powder and use konica toner and try again! I'll let you know!

Downunder
02-22-2011, 08:25 AM
The clutch can be dismantled and cleaned quite well. You will see the gear move as mentioned in your previous post but the clutch part of it may not. They get a bit sticky, or tight. There are some fine washers, might be a plastic transparent, so be vigilant when and if you pull it apart. Done a few now and 80 per cent success.

KonMan
02-22-2011, 11:27 PM
sorry its switch 23 2 and 3.

acsolutions
02-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Ok, I think I resolved the problem!
Later on I started getting a copy quality problem and checked the toner (contract includes toner in there aggreement) and noticed we had not sent the customer toner in a year, I asked the customer where they were getting there toner? They said they got a kit resantly, the kit included a way to bore a hole in the container and funnel toner in. I did a developer change and installed OEM toner came back on friday for followup, everything looks good. copy quality and cleaning assembly.

Custom Search