PDA

View Full Version : FW7030d wide format

Custom Search

copyman
06-26-2007, 12:43 AM
2 inch blank streak down middle of page from lead edge to trail edge, blank area whole lenth in direction of paper feed. everything looks good, dev mag brush is even across, drum, coronas, top of fiber optic strip clean. any other ideas? this is a different problem. also seems to be going through toner quick, seems to be filling up waste toner btl fast. i replaced/calibrated developer about 1 month ago and that did not help. around 40k on meter thanks for the help.

Scott_Lewis
06-29-2007, 02:02 AM
I only have a 240w. So, these are just some thoughts for your model.

1. You mentioned coronas. Did you include the transfer corona? I've had cases where there was something blocking the transfer corona thus no transfer taking place. This might also account for the excess waste toner.

2. Here I'm guessing there is an LED print head. Is it possible that a segment of the print head is no longer working. It might be possible to swap a couple of light arrays to verify this. Have no idea how much hassle this might be. The 240w model has three 12+" arrays.

Is there a latent image on the drum? That would determine which option to check first.

Custom Search