PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C450 Printable Area on Letter Size

Custom Search

lily
02-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Hello everyone!

I have recently come into possession of a Bizhub C450 machine, and it's driving me crazy. I need to print documents that have exactly a 0.25" margin on each side of the document, and the machine not only won't do it, it prints a different margin on every edge! This happens via both the PS and PCL print drivers.

Does anyone know how I can configure the machine to give me the print I desire?

Thanks!

lily
02-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Addendum: I've played with the centre settings in the Administrator menu, but nothing I do there seems to affect the output.

I'm printing through the bypass tray, on 80# cover, using the "thick 3" setting if that helps -- though the margins are out no matter what the paper type.

Stirton.M
02-12-2011, 08:13 PM
The image placement is a fixed point set through tech rep mode. It is adjusted, typically, for a 3mm gap between the edge of the paper and the image start location, typically on the left upper corner for each paper source. This is also set for duplex prints for each paper source. Lead edge gap is set once. It is the only difference between the settings.

The image placement is based on this start of print location. Margin control within cannot be accurately set on certain types of prints and how they are printed. It is a known limitation to this series. It has to do with rasterizing of the content at the printer, which can cause issues. Unlike HP desktop printers, KM hardware processes the image data locally, whereas HP's mostly rely on the computer to process the image.

Some workarounds I am aware of, is to simply process the information you want to print into an image first, and then send that. For example, if it is a PDF, there is the option to "Print as Image" in the advanced dialog when you select to print from a PDF. This does not always produce the desired effect however. And there are two types of print drivers for this series, PS and PCL. Both can have significantly different effects on the output. Fonts may appear different, colours may appear different, even sometimes graphics may be larger or smaller, or not even appear at all.

lily
02-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Thank you kindly for the reply!

After playing around with the settings and menus, I have discovered that printing from the LCT gives the best (and closest) margin result that I'm looking for. The manual tray that I was advised to print from simply cannot provide any reliability as to the final output.

Your advice on sending PDF seems to generate excellent results as well, so thank you.

Custom Search