PDA

View Full Version : How to read HDD data without install in MFP

Custom Search

aleksander
03-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Hi all, anyone know how to read data/file in HDD without installing it in MFP? Can I format the MFP's HDD as same as format the removable storage?
Thank you for responding.

mo0651
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
As a technician/service manager, why???????

aleksander
03-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Because it takes time to install / replace the HDD.
I have a problem with bizhub 350 and Di3510 for scan to box/HDD in my customer. When they use scan to box, Abort code occured. Then I replace the HDD and scan to Box running well and there are no abort code appear. But my customer still have data/file stored in old HDD. If I'm using PS Box operator or Web connection to backup/download data from HDD, of course I need to install the old HDD first in the MFP. What I want to do is backup/download data from HDD without installing to the MFP.
Can we do that?
Thank you.

JR2ALTA
03-10-2011, 02:55 AM
They sell SATA/IDE to USB adapters, I have never tried to copy data, I don't think it works like that. It's basically for testing if the drive spins, and/or formatting.

aleksander
03-10-2011, 03:37 AM
They sell SATA/IDE to USB adapters, I have never tried to copy data, I don't think it works like that. It's basically for testing if the drive spins, and/or formatting.
Thanks JR2ALTA.

aleksander
03-10-2011, 03:48 AM
But any other solution?

ddude
03-10-2011, 04:29 AM
The data on the drive has a proprietary encrypion, KMBS does this for security reasons, I do not think that you will be able to easily retrieve the data. You should proceed the way that you have already begun. It may be possible to re-install the bad HDD and have it operate for a length of time. Otherwise, there are businesses that will reclaim all data on a bad drive, making an identical copy before the damage, but this can be costly.

fishleg
03-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Just tell em sorry pet machine aint no file cabinet should of kept important data secured some where.

You could do a disk clone from old to new but that will only work if the data isnt corrupted you could end up with copying the bad files to new and be right where you started.

Myself I'd tell em its tuff.. good luck.

Custom Search