PDA

View Full Version : C250 - Printed pictures of people are morphing into a Max Headroom style image!

Custom Search

konikilla
03-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi All,

I have a C250 and when I print a picture containing a face. It looks as though their face is morphing into Max Headroom. (only slightly but very noticeable). For those of you not old enough the younger equivelant would be Kryton from Red Dwarf. Have fiddled with the driver, changed it and then changed complete PC. I also upgraded the machine to the latest firmware (3.05). Not sure what to try next. Any Ideas?

Alan.

JSC
03-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Can you post a sample??

Are you getting any P codes?
Have you checked the colour reg?

Ahh Max Headrrrrrroom that takes me back!!

konikilla
03-13-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't have a postable sample. Will try to get one when I go out again.

I am getting no P codes and colour reg is perfect.

JSC
03-13-2011, 07:22 PM
When you go back print off the internal test chart, the one with the Kingfisher on it and see how that comes out.

konikilla
03-13-2011, 11:23 PM
I've never noticed that one. But I'll print it off and see how it comes out. But to honest it's mostly skin tones, (Hands and Faces that seem to be affected). It reminds me of similar images printed years ago when I worked at Xerox and we messed with the printer settings and sent the pictures as Vector Graphics. But this is much less so, only having a slight effect on just the skintones, but enough to be noticeable.

peter lynn
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi All,

I have a C250 and when I print a picture containing a face. It looks as though their face is morphing into Max Headroom. (only slightly but very noticeable). For those of you not old enough the younger equivelant would be Kryton from Red Dwarf. Have fiddled with the driver, changed it and then changed complete PC. I also upgraded the machine to the latest firmware (3.05). Not sure what to try next. Any Ideas?

Alan.
three times of gradation followed by stabilisation,this is the cure all on this little beast,and repeated oncea month if u know wots good for your wellbeing!
happy copying PETE

konikilla
03-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi Pete,

Very farmiliar with it. Was the First thing I tried.

Al

Custom Search