PDA

View Full Version : sharp ar-286 H5-01 error code HELP???

Custom Search

nolovenodie
07-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi,

Please help.....I think it's a fuser jam error......I cleared the jams already but still have that "Call for service" message.

Thanks

johnbla
07-19-2007, 06:31 PM
H5-01 is 5 continuous jams in the F-section and requires full examination of F-section and Left door assembly, for root cause.
It will need Engr/Sim codes to re-set the machine.

nolovenodie
07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
H5-01 is 5 continuous jams in the F-section and requires full examination of F-section and Left door assembly, for root cause.
It will need Engr/Sim codes to re-set the machine.

I'm sorry...i'm really new to this and dont even know where is the F-section. What are the Engr/sim codes to reset?

Thanks

nightshade
07-20-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry...i'm really new to this and dont even know where is the F-section. What are the Engr/sim codes to reset?

Thanks

F-Section. Means the fusing section.

The service code H5-01 needs to be reset by a technician. So you may wish to call your local Sharp authorized service supplier.

trench
07-22-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't know if this will work for your model but on a sharp mx-2700n
pressing #p * c * then 14 execute press blk/wht button then press CA will reset a code h5-01. I had a bad paper jam in the fuser that set the code.

:)

johnbla
07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
What is the point in just 'Re Setting' an Error code, If you don't know WHAT it means and WHAT happened to cause the Error code in the First place.................... ???

Ps
MX code won't work on a Cougar

nolovenodie
07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
What is the point in just 'Re Setting' an Error code, If you don't know WHAT it means and WHAT happened to cause the Error code in the First place.................... ???

Ps
MX code won't work on a Cougar

I guess it's just to "temporarily" solve the problem and wait til I have the money to fix the machine. :-)

JDE75
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
P * C * 14 Then 1 For Yes And Follow On Screen Directions, Code Should Clear Out.

Jamie

videohockey
03-10-2011, 01:43 AM
P * C * 14 Then 1 For Yes And Follow On Screen Directions, Code Should Clear Out.

Jamie

I tried this to clear my H5-01 error on my AR-286, but nothing works.

To clarify:
P is the Program button
C is the Clear button
Is there a button for the * or is that just a separator for button hits?

Thanks!

blackcat4866
03-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Maybe you should find out why it jams every time? A reset is only indicated here when you solve your jamming problem. For example, Is there a lead edge void on prints? No void means heat roller wraps every time. Broken or out of position pawls? Teflon worn off the heat roller? Is gear 48T melted and/or deformed due to overheating? Is the bed handle broken by rough handling by the customer? Does the exposure lamp light too slowly, causing a black leading edge on every copy? Is paper wrapped around the rollers or the lower roller impaled by a fuser pawl, stopping rotation?

And that is just the common causes. =^..^=

videohockey
03-10-2011, 03:55 AM
It goes into error when I attempt double-sided copies only.

I had a tech out last year and it still failed. He thought it was an expensive fix to do double-sides.

I just need it now for single-sided copies.

bilyahn
03-10-2011, 01:48 PM
What have you replaced to fix the original problem? What are the jam codes now?

Akitu
03-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Epic thread necro, 2007. +1

No, this comment was not meant to contribute anything, and I haven't seen an AR-286 ever.

videohockey
03-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I do not know what the tech replaced. It was over 1 year ago.

The only error code displayed is H5-01. There does not appear to be a paper jam anywhere in the unit.

bilyahn
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
I do not know what the tech replaced. It was over 1 year ago.

The only error code displayed is H5-01. There does not appear to be a paper jam anywhere in the unit.

Have you tried using the other tray? Seems like from what you are saying it is a paper feed issue out of the tray. Jam code would help a lot.

bilyahn
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Epic thread necro, 2007. +1

No, this comment was not meant to contribute anything, and I haven't seen an AR-286 ever.

I've seen 1 and we still have it in service.

videohockey
03-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Have you tried using the other tray? Seems like from what you are saying it is a paper feed issue out of the tray. Jam code would help a lot.

There is no jam code displayed. There is no paper jammed in the unit. In fact there is no paper in any of the trays.

Akitu
03-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I would probably be too new to the copier game to have seen one, and from what I've seen of our lists, none of our customers have one.

blackcat4866
03-10-2011, 03:46 PM
If you want to act like a service person you can start by purchasing a manual and reading it. That what us professionals do, a lot. When you figure out how to access simulation 22 you will be able to view jam codes. =^..^=

ZOOTECH
03-10-2011, 03:56 PM

Jamie
For this model and all Cougars, to access TC it is P - Int - C - Int.

videohockey
03-10-2011, 04:01 PM
If you want to act like a service person you can start by purchasing a manual and reading it. That what us professionals do, a lot. When you figure out how to access simulation 22 you will be able to view jam codes. =^..^=

I guess this isn't a place to get answers then

blackcat4866
03-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Sorry. Professionals look up their own codes. I don't do it for other techs. RTFM.

Akitu
03-10-2011, 04:04 PM
You can get your answers, and we're more than happy to give them, however I'd like to think most of us try to keep the SERVICE modes in the service industry, considering our employers (and in some unfortunate circumstances, the techs themselves) pay to get the manuals to learn how to get into the service modes and what all the service notifications mean.

videohockey
03-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Sorry. Professionals look up their own codes. I don't do it for other techs. RTFM.

Get a life.

blackcat4866
03-10-2011, 11:58 PM
I've got a life, and a good one.

I'm not the one looking to cheap my way into some free service.
Pay the tech. We go through a lot of training and experience to get where we're at, and we're worth it.

By the way, I've helped plenty of endusers like yourself that show some initiative, and read the manual. This isn't the public library. You do your own legwork.

Custom Search