PDA

View Full Version : Aficio 2045 - SC819

Custom Search

Cipher
07-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi peers

I'm getting a instant SC819 (Kernel mismatch error) on power up.

I cannot get into service mode from the SC819 display prompt nor will it find any firmware updates off a PCMCIA flash card when booting (goes straight to SC819).
If I move bitswitch one on the controller it will boot directly from PCMCIA flash card but throws up a unknown error code at the end of the loading procedure.
I've tried disconnecting the HDD and powering up, same problem instant SC819.

My best guess is I'm looking at a faulty NVRAM or controller board but I'm not 100% certain since I cannot get into SP mode to check the SMC logging data for further clues.
And it's sods law we have no old Aficio 2045s kicking around to swap parts around with. (meaning I will be forced to make a best guess and order in new parts to try).

So has anyone else seen and fixed SC819 on this model before that could maybe point me in the right direction?

skirt_chaser
07-20-2007, 06:47 PM
We presently have a 2016 with this code on it. The machine had taken a big power spike during an electrical storm and blew most of the boards.
I can't offer much help, as we are presently trying to fix this one too, but I thought I'd share what I know so far. You should be able to go into service mode, though, even if it's in code. Press "clear modes", 1, 0, 7, then press and hold the "stop" key until you enter service mode.

Tonerbomb
07-20-2007, 07:38 PM
try a new hard drive. 819 is fairly common for bad drives. Also remove and reinstall the nvram...carefully. been there fought that.

unisys12
07-21-2007, 03:28 AM
Ran into this one today when troubleshooting some spare controllers laying around the shop. I took the memory out of the suspected bad controller and was able to enter SP's to perform a HD format, but to no avail. After removing the HD on suspected bad controller and placing it on a known good one, I found that it was a bad HD.

Hope this helps! :cool:

unisys12
07-21-2007, 03:43 AM
We presently have a 2016 with this code on it. The machine had taken a big power spike during an electrical storm and blew most of the boards.
I can't offer much help, as we are presently trying to fix this one too, but I thought I'd share what I know so far. You should be able to go into service mode, though, even if it's in code. Press "clear modes", 1, 0, 7, then press and hold the "stop" key until you enter service mode.

Since yours took a power spike, and not in the same family as the B082 family like Daz is talking about, then I would suggest replacing the controller if reflashing the controller firmware doesn't help. :cool:

Cipher
07-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Ok a harddrive is inexpensive so I shall pop back Monday and try that first.

Cheers guys. :)

skirt_chaser
07-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Since yours took a power spike, and not in the same family as the B082 family like Daz is talking about, then I would suggest replacing the controller if reflashing the controller firmware doesn't help. :cool:

Thanks ! That's what our senior tech said also. It's his baby, I get to play paper jam monkey instead.

Cipher
07-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Tried all the controller parts today like HDD, memory, NIB and NVRAM and still no go. (also tried a BICU PCB and PSU as well).
I think the controller PCB is faulty so I'm ordering in a new one to try.

skirt_chaser
07-24-2007, 04:39 PM
We took out the fax option and it works fine. We are going to install a known good fax unit and see if it codes again or not. Remember that this is a Ricoh 2016 though. (B259 family) Not the same as Daz, but nice to know anyway.

Cipher
07-24-2007, 06:13 PM
I found a 2035 controller to try today and finally got it off SC819 on to SC955 which basically means it's not the correct board for the 2045.

So hopefully when the proper controller board turns up I'll be back in business. :D

kgary
07-31-2007, 03:15 AM
I got a lanier with the same code and already have a hard drive set aside for it. a new hdd will fix it (also check drum life).

Cipher
07-31-2007, 07:57 AM
I had already tried a HDD along with various other parts as well, no go.
The new controller board I ordered turned up yestaday so hopefully I'll have time to work on it today.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

[EDIT] Fitted the new controller and everything works again. ;)

Wes1
03-11-2008, 05:41 AM
it's the NVram - I'm going through the same situation now - The NVram must match the particular machine - Xerox showed Ricoh this trick.

hosennet
03-11-2008, 07:37 AM
I found a 2035 controller to try today and finally got it off SC819 on to SC955 which basically means it's not the correct board for the 2045.

So hopefully when the proper controller board turns up I'll be back in business. :D

Hi
You need the B082-5102 PCB:Adonis-C3:Main:45:Sub-ass'y

Regards

Cipher
03-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi
You need the B082-5102 PCB:Adonis-C3:Main:45:Sub-ass'y

Regards

Thanks but this was fixed like six months ago hosennet. :rolleyes:

[EDIT] Fitted the new controller and everything works again.

Moving on...

Oluwadare
07-07-2010, 06:19 PM
who knows how i can get the controller board for MP3350 and how much.

TonerMunkeh
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Ricoh, and a lot.

mikadonovan
07-07-2010, 07:45 PM
who knows how i can get the controller board for MP3350 and how much. Try Ricoh Copier Parts (http://www.recycledparts.us)

Herostrat
07-08-2013, 06:08 PM
I come acros this SC today on DSm725,it was lacking toner so I cleaned hooper and it worked fine,on prints I noticed some iregularitys so I decided to clean PCU,cleaned it,put it back,power machine on.
After I printed counter...BAM black screen for a sec and then SC819...wtf!?!
I turned machine off and back on,printed 2 counters and same,took PCU out inspected...looked ok so I put it back in and it held up...about 30 copyes and prints,customer isn't calling so far so I suppose it's all right.
I had this sc on MP7500 once or twice that I solved with disconnecting HDD and taking memory cards out and back in slots,format HDD in tech mode and it worked like a charm.
Now I'm wondering culd this happen because machine culdn't "read" pcu,meybe it wasn't seated right,something like SC990,that Ricoh PCU did about 50k pappers.
Anyone culd confirm relation with old pcu's and SC 819?

Custom Search