PDA

View Full Version : Sharp fax boards - dialing prefix for MX350 and AR-M2{357}7 machines

Custom Search

kmyer
03-24-2011, 08:34 PM
We have a new phone system that was installed last week; prior to the install the phone lines were analog and directly connected to the PSTN. Now, everything goes through a VOIP system and we have to dial 8 to get an outside line. Is there a setting in the simulation codes that can automatically prefix outgoing calls with this number? It seems this would fit in SIM 66-01 somewhere, based on the research I was able to do on the Internet but I can't find anything to confirm it for any of the models we have (MX350 and AR-M237 and 257).

Is there such a setting available?

Is there a definitive model-specific list of the SIM 66-01 soft function codes available?

bdcrandall13
03-24-2011, 10:13 PM
I believe what you are looking for is actually in the key operator settings, not in simulation. I don't have an operation manual for those fax options but most machines have an option under key operator called fax settings or image send settings.

Silvertoast
03-24-2011, 11:30 PM
go into the menus and "image send settings" there is an option to add a prefix under the "send" settings

tmaged
03-25-2011, 01:19 AM
FYI none of the manufacturers support fax over VOIP. There are things you can do to improve your chances of successful transmission. Turn off ECM, lower the scan resolution & lower modem speed.

Custom Search