PDA

View Full Version : mxc311 image offsetting

Custom Search

gwaddle
03-28-2011, 06:57 PM
I have had alot of machines offset the print down the page, and it is usually the fuser or the drum. This one however is offsetting across the page. The only thing I can think of is laser, but it only happens on black. I checked all the colors individually and together and the copies are clean. Anyone seen this? Thanks

Lawrence
03-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Is this what your getting?

See attachment.

gwaddle
03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Is this what your getting?

See attachment.

With the exception of the two lines down the middle of the page that's exactly it.

Lawrence
03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Our guys cleaned the laser and it went away but came back about 3 months later. Cleaned it again and it went away. Machine is in a welding shop and it's freaking filthy.

I talked to one guy at sharp and his suggestion was to change the laser and seal it shut with silicone or something so no dirt could enter.

gwaddle
03-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks Lawrence that's the only thing I could think of too. I don't understand why it doesn't do it on color though. I'm going to bring it back to the shop and replace the laser, but like yours it's in a filthy office surrounded by a dirt parking lot, so I'm sure I'll have no end of problems. Thanks again.

gwaddle
03-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Looks like the laser was the problem. We took a laser from another machine and installed it and it worked. Took the dirty one and cleaned as needed and installed in the other machine and it seemed to work. Thanks again for the help Lawrence.

Custom Search