PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 500 Toner Bottle Not Spinning

Custom Search

printsnow
03-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Hey all, have a 500 that is driving me crazy. It has about 900K on it, we first had a c2403 and replaced the ps28 sensor and all parts associated with that upgrade. That problem was fixed then shortly after that the toner bottle started making noises and popped out of the machine, after that the toner bottle will not spin. The message "loading toner" comes up on the screen for a while then says please install new toner bottle. There is a new OEM toner in the machine. We installed new drive motors on the toner hopper, new collar that grabs the toner bottle, all sensors check out and did a load check on the hopper motors and they check out. You can hear the hopper motor spinning, but it will not load toner. Pulled the toner hopper out and there is no toner present. Any ideas before it becomes target practice?

mo0651
03-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Have seen this. There is actually enough space for that bottle to pop out toward the front. there is a couple of springs within the white toner bottle pressure mechanism on the latch clip. take a good look at it. And there was a part update on that system.

printsnow
03-30-2011, 03:21 PM
I checked that, you can open the toner door and apply pressure to the bottle and it should spin but it won't.

acusso1234
03-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Another tech posted this here. I think that it is the best guide ever writed on this problem.

printsnow
03-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Thank you, I appreciate that, but we had that tech bulletin and have done everything on it. That's why we are so frustrated with the situation, none of that has helped.

907tec
03-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Have you seen that bulletin about the wrong screw length being used to secure a solenoid? Some of these machines were shipped with a screw that is a couple mm too long, causing it to make contact with the wires of a solenoid in the toner hopper. It's been a few years, but I do remember the problem driving me crazy, and was combined with the 2403 errors. Might be worth checking that solenoid to see if a screw has worn through the shielding.

suomi
03-31-2011, 11:09 AM
try empty toner bottle. if bottle now spin then the new toner bottle is crooked

printsnow
03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Tried that, no luck, we just put in a new toner hopper also, still can't get it to add toner/spin.

CompyTech
03-31-2011, 07:04 PM
The wonderful 2403 code..

We had one once like that. It had too much pressure on the bottle and would not turn. Apparently another tech put a plastic spacer between the tip(plunger) on the toner door and removed those springs. Removed the spacer and installed new springs and that solved the problem.

krazeekidz3
03-31-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm having this exact problem right now. I just replaced the whole toner supply unit, less the two months ago. And now the code is back and the toner bottle is not spinning, again!! My coworker said that I should get a voltage reading from the PRCB at the connectors for both motors and see if its getting 24v. He said it could be the board. Also, I'm ordering the Toner Supply Auxillary Cover p/n 50GA33060E, that had been modified, back in 2007, it solved the problem on a machine that my coworker was having.
I'll touch base with my results, soon.

printsnow
03-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Well, I hate to admit this, but we just got it going! We had the collar that was modified around the toner cartridge put on backwards, oh well, you live and learn. krazeekidz3, I would check that on yours to make sure the collar isn't on backwards, or I may be the only dumbaXX in the world that would do it. Thanks for all the help though!

Avind
09-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Hey, I have a toner bottle spin problem with a Bizhub 421...same as 500 in all but name and color screen. New developer installed, did TCR all good... the machine works, empties the toner from the developer but doesn't spin the bottle to add new one, the copies start to fade, if I run TCR again, although I know I'm not supposed to, I get error 5, that means there is not enough toner in the developer, I manually put toner in the developer, run TCR, gets the value read and the same thing happens all over again. The toner bottle doesn't even begin to spin like it does in the 2403 code...any ideas?

Synthohol
09-14-2018, 12:04 AM
COMPLETELY vacuum out the subhopper, blow out the sensors and pray.
then throw it off a cliff.
replace the hopper assy if they still make the modified one or find a cliff.
id take a di-3010 over the 500 any day.

Avind
09-14-2018, 08:39 AM
COMPLETELY vacuum out the subhopper, blow out the sensors and pray.
then throw it off a cliff.
replace the hopper assy if they still make the modified one or find a cliff.
id take a di-3010 over the 500 any day.

Thanks for the 3010 idea, I'll look into it's specs., although we solved the toner spin bottle problem by taking the toner hopper out and vacuuming all of it, including the 3 sensors in the back, the bottle detection one, the bottle spin one and the empty bottle one, as soon as the machine was turned on, the bottle started spinning as the toner level in dev. unit was low.

Custom Search