PDA

View Full Version : Xerox XC1044 Sensor problem?

Custom Search

Neil
01-28-2005, 06:40 AM
A remanufactured cartridge was installed when the trouble first showed up, so a new OEM cartridge was installed, and the trouble seemed to go away. But after a while the problem was back, with the OEM cartridge still installed.

After the copier has sat in storage for two or three months now, I turned it on a couple of days ago, and same problem. I took the toner cartridge out and shook it, and the copier worked! It has done that way before, so we\'ll just have to wait and see what happens next time.

Neil
01-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Could someone help a office supplies salesman like me make a broken copier work?

I was given this Xerox XC1044 because it won\\\'t make a copy. The machine always turns on showing \\ low toner\\ or \\ replace toner cartridge\\\', whatever the message is for this, and goes through the warmup routine of turning the toner cartridge developer roller for serveral minutes, just like the cartridge is empty. We know it\\\'s not empty because we have tried a brand new cartridges with the same result. After searching for toner for several minutes, it still shows \\ low toner\\ in the menu, and won\\\'t make a copy. When the problem first began to develope, it would copy, after the long warmup. Then after a while of nursing it along that way, it stopped copying altogether.

Any one have a suggestion on what the trouble is, and if it\\\'s worth the effort to fix? Just looking for a cheap way to get a working copier to use a home.

Custom Search