PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Arc160

Custom Search

JDE75
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I KEEP GETTING AN H4-01 CODE. tHE LAMPS ARE FINE, THE PCU AND ICU ARE NEW AND PERFECT BUT I CAN'T CLEAR OUT THIS CODE. I AM ORDERING THE BOARD ON THE FUSER TO SEE IF IT'S THAT. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS IN ADVANCE .

choicecopyguy
07-25-2007, 08:58 PM
You can check the circut with sim 5-2, the lamps should blink on and off, if not, check the thermostats, before replacing the pwb.

choicecopyguy
07-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Also, you must clear the code with sim 14

JDE75
07-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks but I already did all that. The lamps are fine, they do blink on and off, the thermostats are new and it clears but as soon as I go to make a copy the code comes right back on.

Copier Systems
07-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Ck fusing temp also put a meter on the thermister and lamps before you replace temp-control board.

Andy H.

Toner Boy
08-13-2007, 08:08 PM
check the connector going to the rear frame where it plugs in for OIL contamination. Clean contacts thoroughly and reset the code. May help.

blackcat4866
08-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Here is the big question: Does you customer run 25 or more consecutive sheets of cardstock frequently?
As it was explained to me, this copier has only one upper heat lamp heating the entire upper heat roller. When running cardstock the cardstock cools the upper roller at the ends. The lamp stays on longer to elevate the temperature. When the ends reach temperature the center has overheated & blows the thermal fuse. After serverall occurrances the thermal fuse is ruined and must be replaced. This is why most new copiers have two upper heat lamps, one to heat the center, one to heat the ends.
I don't know why, but replacing whole fuser assy's has been affective (until the customer runs more cardstock).

Custom Search