PDA

View Full Version : Sharp MX-4501N Hard Disk Drive

Custom Search

ExXeroid
04-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Hope Someone can help me, I have a Sharp MX_4501N in my warehouse that my customer wants the Hard Drive from so their IT Guys can scrub it clean. (They need to do it and of course the Sales Guy said it wouldn't be a problem)
Can anyone tell me where the heck the HDD is in this machine and some pointers on getting it out?

Any help would be appreciated!

Akitu
04-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Back right of the machine (looking at the front). Remove the push-in cover and take out the screw, take off the plate, couple screws in the plate above the finger handles and the HDD is on the back of that controller box.

ExXeroid
04-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Thank You Sir!
I found it! Great info, I really appreciate it!

Back right of the machine (looking at the front). Remove the push-in cover and take out the screw, take off the plate, couple screws in the plate above the finger handles and the HDD is on the back of that controller box.

Akitu
04-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Always happy to help.

ExXeroid
04-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I am trained on a Xerox box called Hodaka, DC222 family and later called Silver Stone ETC. Very similiar design but not anywhere near as easy to get to!

grog
05-15-2012, 02:39 PM

I'm in the same boat but I'm having trouble taking the above description and translating it to the copier. I currently have the back cover plate off but I don't see anything that resembles a "push in" cover. If you could go into a bit more gory detail, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks.

Akitu
05-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm in the same boat but I'm having trouble taking the above description and translating it to the copier. I currently have the back cover plate off but I don't see anything that resembles a "push in" cover. If you could go into a bit more gory detail, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks.

The "push in" cover was the first one you had to remove to get access to the one screw that holds in the back cover plate. There should be one screw above and below each of the finger handles respectively and they need to be removed before the control box can be removed from the machine.

grog
05-15-2012, 02:48 PM
First of all, wow, thanks for the incredibly prompt response! I really appreciate the help. The back cover plate required the removal of a bunch of screws. Lemme ask this, as I look at the machine from the rear with the metal cover plate gone and all the "insides" displayed, where should I look for this controller unit?

Akitu
05-15-2012, 02:51 PM
If you've taken off the rear panel of the machine, you're looking in the wrong place. Looking at the rear of it, on the lower left hand side should be the control box with all the ROM chips and the HDD on the back of it.

You'll notice it as a large metal square from your angle.

grog
05-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Found it! It's that large swing-out part. The hard drive, as you say, is mounted on the backside of it.

Thanks again! You've been a life saver.

Akitu
05-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Found it! It's that large swing-out part. The hard drive, as you say, is mounted on the backside of it.

Thanks again! You've been a life saver.

No problem. Glad to help.

PASTech
05-15-2012, 03:47 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7zrt-bWdLfs/TLNK77JubkI/AAAAAAAAD6Q/SbyhOoxyLXI/s1600/life+saver.jpg
AKITU :D

bdcrandall13
05-17-2012, 02:47 PM
I think this is better. She could be my lifesaver!
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01509/baywatch-pamela-an_1509642i.jpg&sa=X&ei=LwG1T_KdDcme2wWSmuQk&ved=0CAoQ8wc4Lg&usg=AFQjCNEjEluPkMbv1TITSbJ76XZjKf992g

Custom Search